Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 14.0.1

My Question or Issue

When playing a playing a playlist, the description of the playlist is displayed on the widget, which is really nice. How every the characters displayed are not fully loaded. For example the '/' back slash does not have a character and just displays the Unicode hex character instead of the actual character. So '/' is displayed as '&#x2F.' I attached some screenshots showing the bug.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
4 Replies

Hey @DeadAccount307, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We can try restarting the app, and also remove and add the widget again to see if that makes a difference. If not, then I'll pass this on to the right teams. This is a fairly new feature on iOS 14, and Spotify will be releasing future updates to make the experience even better. Make sure your automatic updates are turned on

Hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried both of those and there was no change. I also do have automatic updates turned on. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for updates too. Thanks for responding!

Hey @DeadAccount307

Sounds like a plan. What I'll do for you is I will take a closer look at this on my end to see if there is something else I could suggest to make that go away. 

Stay tuned!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hey @DeadAccount307,

Yep, I tried to check at some other suggestions and hopefully, this will be fixed in future updates. Thanks for the feedback and if you need help with anything in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts