Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS 16 Spotify widget not loading (black)

Solved!

iOS 16 Spotify widget not loading (black)

I have added the Spotify widget to my Home Screen and it was perfect for a few days but then it went black and never loaded. I have rebooted my phone, logged out and in as well as reinstalling the app. Nothing works. I hope this can get fixed. Thanks

Plan

Premium

Country

England

Device

iPhone 11

96FF8BD7-DD3F-4904-A1E8-17094408F190.jpeg

40 Replies

After updating my Spotify app, I noticed my widget was just black. So I thought removing it then adding it again might fix it. That's when I noticed Spotify widgets are no longer available? IS this a bug or is Spotify going backwards? Any help appreciated!

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 14 Pro

Spotify Version: 8.8.82

I added the spotify widget and for the first few weeks it was fine but then suddenly it's gone blank/black i've tried removing it and adding it and restarting my phone but it still doesn't help 

Plan

Premium Family 

Country

India 

Device

(iPhone 15 Pro Max) 

Operating System

(iOS 17.0.03)

IMG_9734.png
IMG_9735.png

Hey folks,

For anyone still experiencing this, please try the troubleshooting steps in this thread and if they don't help, send us your device model, OS version and exact Spotify version (if you haven't already) so we can forward them to our tech team.

Thanks!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello my phone in behaving the same, suddenly the widget stopped working and became all black if the phone is on the night mode or full white in the regular mode.

Phone model iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17.1.1

Spoitfy version 8.8.88.445

Hi i’m experiencing the same problem. Till yesterday all was working great, then i restored factory settings on my phone and the issue suddenly appeard. I tried log off and log on multiple Times, i deleted the app and re-installed it, restarted the phone but nothing of those things worked.

same issue here on iphone 13 with ios 17.1.2 and spotify v.8.8.94.545. tried all the troubleshooting steps but the widget is still just black but when i tap it it takes me to the spotify app 

IMG_5939.jpeg

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your replies. 

We really appreciate the time you took to post and flag this. We've reported this issue to the right folks, who'll look into it.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you 🙂 

LyubkaModerator

Hey everyone,

Can you please confirm this is still occurring with the latest version of the app?

Cheers,

MihailYModerator

Still having the exact same issues iOS 17 

I have the same problem, deleting and reinstalling the app and restarting the phone didn't help.

Plan

Premium Aile 

Ülke

Türkiye

Cihaz

iPhone 14 Pro

İşletim sistemi

(iOS 17.0.03)

First the widget goes completely black, after that i tried to erase it to put it back but there is no Sopotify widget in the list.

Someone know what happened?

Plan

Premium Dup

Country

Spain

Device

(iPhone 15 Pro Max)

Operating System

(iOS 10, latest version)

My Question or Issue

IMG_2449.png

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden 

Device

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Operating System

iOS 17.3.1

My Question or Issue

When you play the “My Podcasts” playlist (the green bookmark one) one or more icons in the widget will disappear.

Does anybody know why? I have been in contact with Spotify and they just tell me to try switching internet and whatever, I have tried it all but nothing helps.

spotify-ios-widget-bug-v0-aes3cpfsdyec1-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg
spotify-ios-widget-bug-v0-q2ourofsdyec1-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg

Phone model iPhone 15 Plus , iOS 17.2.1

Spoitfy version 8.9.16.556

The removal of widgets was disheartening. Please bring them back

Same issue with me , the spotify widget went black after i was using opal ( which won’t let you open the app during focus session , but i removed the spotify from it and but the problem still continues)

Phone model , iphone 15 ios 17.3

spotify version 8.9.19

I’m experiencing this issue on my iPhone 12 Pro Max. iOS 17.3.1. Spotify version 8.9.19

please let me know if there’s a fix for this! 

Marked as solution

Spotify Premium

Device: iPhone 14 Pro Max

Spotify ver: 8.9.19.571

I also experienced the blank Spotify widget issue this week. I solved my issue by doing the following:

1) Remove the Spotify widget.

2) Restart the phone.

3) Add the Spotify widget.

I hope this helps👍.

this still isn’t solved bc the “solution” didn’t work

Hey folks!

After the latest app version, @GNav's steps for re-adding the widget have also fixed this on our end.
In case the issue persists on yours - see if following the steps from this article to reinstall the app from scratch would make a difference.

If this doesn't help - let us know and we'll gladly forward your input as we continue working with Apple on improving this feature 🙂

Many thanks! 

VasilModerator

Still didn’t work. 

iPhone 13

iOS 17.3.1

Spotify ver. 8.9.19.571

Suggested posts