Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Volume level can't be adjusted to Quiet on Desktop

Hey folks, 

We've received some reports from users who are unable to select "Quiet" under Volume level in the desktop app settings. "Loud" and "Normal" options are working fine. 

This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed in version 1.2.34 and above. 

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Tiagolabrin

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Clicking the option does nothing like it used to, normal and loud works

Tiagolabrin

I reinstalled spotify many times, I'm gonna stop using spotify till it's fixed, and I don't even know when my spotify updates, Its the one you download from the website.
I'm sure nobody uses it in quiet mode so I will be waiting for so long to get it back.

Maria

Hey there @Tiagolabrin,

Thanks for raising this on the Community!

We had a look at the app settings and were able to recreate this from our end. We've reported this to the right folks, and we'll let you know if we have any news. In the meantime, we recommend keeping the app up-to-date.

Let us know if any other questions appear. Cheers!

kaktusaudio

I also came across this bug in MacOS. I'm also very eager to get quiet mode back in my app.

ChrisV_313

EDIT - Recent update fixed this issue! Thanks! But now I can't see my equalizer in settings 😞 and magic shuffle is gone? 
-----
I'm having the same issue! I use quiet normalization when working at the office with desktop speakers so i'm not disturbing others with loud song changes. But now I can only select normal or loud settings. 

This is happening account-wide for me. I have the same issue on three separate devices at this point.

Looking forward to a fix for this! Thanks! 

Tiagolabrin

On pc, quiet volume is back, it's fixed. I wish I knew if what I did helps any of this.
Like reporting Purple Rain (top best-selling albums) still needs quality recheck and fix. They mixed original with remastered.

Every time I try to switch to normal/loud volume level under audio normalization, it always switches back to quiet after I back out. I have tried fully deleting the app and reinstalling it but nothing works.
Novy
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Make sure to also let us know the exact app version in which you're noticing this behavior.

For anyone experiencing this issue on iOS, note that there's an existing thread about it here and this is also being investigated by the right folks.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Every time I press loud or normal if I go out of playback setting and back in it automatically switches it back to quiet
lonnenn

So glad I'm not the only one having the issue of the Audio Normalization not working (Trying to switch out of "Quiet" but doesn't once exciting Playback.) I love listening to my music loudly and this glitch is making my experience boring!! (Especially in my car) It's one of the reasons why I pay for a family plan 😞 Hoping everything gets fixed and basically commenting so I can get emails about this stuff. Thank you for looking into this!