Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS][Bluetooth] Metadata is not transmitted (name of song and artist)

[iOS][Bluetooth] Metadata is not transmitted (name of song and artist)

Since IOS 8 ( ast year) I can not see any metada info using bluetooth at my car (name of the song and artist)

I have a Corolla and a Honda CRV and both are not showing any metada information.

Usually with IOS7 there wasnt any problem

It seems it is a bug because considering all spotify uptading the issue still persists.

Someone with the same issue?

I also canceled the premium account until spotify solve it.

11 Replies

Hi Melvan,

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

I use Spotify myself in combination with a Parrot MKI9200 (sometimes the 9100 as well). Both do a great job in showing me the title and artist of the song.

You can try unpairing the bluetooth device, in your car AND on your phone. This has helped on my iPhone before.

If you're Premium account isn't active at this moment you could try this also with the 'normal' music app.

When it works with the regular app it should work with the Spotify app as well and vice versa.
What's a Spotify Rock Star?

Hi Ivan

Thanks for your message, however it did not work.

I think it is a bug.

Is there any other suggestion?

As you said I unpaired both devices, paired again but still no metadata is showed at the car device.

I did same with IPAD and no metadata at the car device.

I am using the free account.

Do you think it is rtelated with the premium account ?

Hi Melvan,

I'm sorry to hear that my suggestions didn't solve the problem. 

As fas as I know this is not a feature that will be disabled when switchting to the free version, but I'm not sure cause I only have a premium account;-)

What's a Spotify Rock Star?

I have the same issue. It's been fine until a month ago. I have premium. I had the dealer look at my car so it's not my car. Another user with an iPhone connected with no issues. I'm frustrated because I pay for this and I expect it to work.

I have a Corolla XEI 2016 are not showing any metada information.

Usually with IOS10.

It seems it is a bug because considering all spotify uptading the issue still persists.

Please solve this problem.

Same problem in a 2013 Lexus. Upgraded FW on the stock grad unit two times. I only get metadata for the first song. Been like this on my last three iPhones .

Has anyone founda a solution to this issue?

I have the same problem with my Parrot. My friend doesn’t have an iPhone, it seems to work on his but not on my phone which is an iPhone.

I’m having the same problem using iOS 11.2.1 in a 2016 Honda HR-V. Though it is a minor inconvenience, I expect the data to be transmitted. I can confirm Apple Music doesn’t have this problem.

I have now updated the device which has fixed the issue!

What did you update? The phone or the parrot?

Suggested posts