Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS Error Code: "Login Failed, Error: 9"

iOS Error Code: "Login Failed, Error: 9"

My mother is having problems with her Spotify. When she has WiFi connectivity, she has no problems. But when she goes to LTE, Spotify will either say she needs to log in, stop playing in the middle of a song and say she needs to log in, or not allow her to log in. Even offline songs will not work properly. It acts as if it does not have internet connection over mobile, but only sometimes.

The code she is getting is attached in a photo.Image-1.jpg

However, looking up Error Code: 9 reveals no information. The site on Spotify with information does not show anything due to permissions(?) and there are no quality posts addressing this issue.

She has tried deleting and re-installing the app, resetting the phone, she checked all the permissions, she checked if it is something to do with internet connectivity on the phone as a whole, she hasn't changed her Facebook credentials recently. Nothing is jumping out as an obvious cause. The worst part is that the issue is intermittent. Sometimes it works over Cellular and sometimes it doesn't. She said it worked all day today and when she got to her car, it stopped working again. The only other noteworthy thing is that she is using a bluetooth headset and I think her headset connects around the time it stops working, but sometimes it connects and works fine. So there doesn't seem to be a clear pattern with something happening and causing the issue.

The only information I have that could potentially lead to anything of value from Spotify's side is the Error Code 9 which has no definition posted anywhere.

We are both premium users, so the offline songs should still work. She said she had noticed recently it said she had to log in within 28 days for it to work, but she was just logged on earlier that day. She didn't get a new phone recently, or anything like that. It just was working, and then it wasn't. I wouldn't be totally shocked if there is a setting somewhere that is causing this error, but since there is no definition for Error Code 9, there is nothing I can think to check. And I don't understand how this issue cannot be reproduced on WiFi, but can only intermittently be reproduced on cellular. It seems that when it's broken, it just refuses to work, but when she has the device at home on cellular only, no WiFi, it will work fine. If it is truly a log in error, the problem should be occuring everywhere.

Please help, she can't really use Spotify with it bugging out like this, and nothing seems to solve the problem. She has got it to go away for a few days but it just comes right back.

Thanks

4 Replies

I have the same issue! 

Any fixes? 

Hey @markrsteiner  @agfr_yo5g-nmt  

I have consulted with a Spotify Employee and we possibly might have a solution for you guys to try out.

1) Go to ‘Sign Out Everywhere’ on the Account Overview page
2) Reinstall of the app
3) Check the device for an iOS update

If these 3 steps havent solved your problem let me know and ill inform the team of the error code 9 problem. 

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @markrsteiner  @agfr_yo5g-nmt  

I have consulted with a Spotify Employee and we possibly might have a solution for you guys to try out.

1) Go to ‘Sign Out Everywhere’ on the Account Overview page
2) Reinstall of the app
3) Check the device for an iOS update

If these 3 steps havent solved your problem let me know and ill inform the team of the error code 9 problem. 

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Keanu_CSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM ITS SO ANNOYING.

Suggested posts