Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS Family: can' play my music when another familly member listens to Spotify

Solved!

iOS Family: can' play my music when another familly member listens to Spotify

Hi everyone, when I play my music (eg in my car) and my wife or kids play music as well on their devices, I can't play my music any more and my Spotify app forces me to play my wife's music! How can we play our own music ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Laurent35

Is everyone logging into their own Spotify account when accepting the invite to join the family plan?

The way Spotify Family works is that each person creates their own Spotify account first if they do not already have one. For everyone to create a Spotify account they will need their own email address.

Once everyone has their own Spotify account you then invite them to join your family plan and then they sign in with that account in the app. Make sure everyone enters the same home address when it asks for verification. Then everyone will be able to listen on their own without interrupting the other users.

Check out these pages for help with the Family Plan:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

i don’t think you can. they would need to get their own account and you can add them to a family premium 

surprisingly enough, it worked very well during months ... it actually changed like 4-6 months ago. what's the point of having/paying for a familly account if only one in the familly can play his/her music and the others can't!? doesn't make sense ... there must be some option to click/unclick somewhere ?

When you have a Single Premium Plan (the 9.99$) one it only allows one device to be playing music. When you have a family plan, you can add them to it and make them use their accounts instead of sharing one plan.

Hi, i’m already equiped with a family package ... for months! And as soon as one plays music, the three others have to listen to the very same music at the same time !

Can you please include screenshot of what happens? Or screen record it?

Submitted content: Hi, here's a screenshot of my iPhone when my wife plays music on her iPhone ... I'm forced to listen to her's. Whatever the button I push (ie green < continue > or white < listen to this device >), Spotify erase mine to go to hers, and vice versa If, then, I'd play my music, her phone will directly switch to my music, and so on...
Spotify-1.PNG

Hi, anyone out there with a solution to my issue ?
Marked as solution

Hey @Laurent35

Is everyone logging into their own Spotify account when accepting the invite to join the family plan?

The way Spotify Family works is that each person creates their own Spotify account first if they do not already have one. For everyone to create a Spotify account they will need their own email address.

Once everyone has their own Spotify account you then invite them to join your family plan and then they sign in with that account in the app. Make sure everyone enters the same home address when it asks for verification. Then everyone will be able to listen on their own without interrupting the other users.

Check out these pages for help with the Family Plan:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/premium_for_family/premium-for-family/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What the point of a Spotify family account if you can all listen to different music  at the same time. What a bunch of thieves. 

hello did you get it sorted as im having the same problem?

Suggested posts