Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS Local Files Selectively Desyncing

iOS Local Files Selectively Desyncing

I'm using Windows 8.1 and an iPod Touch with iOS 8.1.2. I have a playlist with 180 some local files synced to my iPod. It was synced perfectly, but after a week or two it unsynced some of my files from that playlist. Random songs withing albums so it's not a file format thing. They still show the green arrow by them like they are synced, but they're greyed out like they're not, and they won't play. The only solution I've found to this is to completely remove Spotify from my iPod and redownload the 2000 some songs I have synced and that's not worth my bandwidth anymore.

Is there a simpler solution to this that I haven't found yet?

IMG_0965.JPG
4 Replies

Sorry for the trouble!

There is currently a bug inside of the iOS app that causes the local files to sometimes unsync.

It is likely this bug that is causing you to have problems.

The developers are currently investigating this and hopefully it will be fixed in a future update.

Like you mentioned, to temporarily solve this problem, you can reinstall the app and resync the local files.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've been experiencing this same issue for months now except all of my devices run iOS (macbook pro, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPad 2nd gen). It's extremely frustrating and I keep waiting for it to be fixed but haven't seen any improvement. Is there somewhere we can log a complaint to perhaps help make it a bigger concern for the developers??? Still good to know they're actually aware of it, I thought it might just be happening to me...

I can relate to you as I have experienced this bug and many others. The workaround to re-sync local files can be simple and will not involve you to use a ton of bandwith. The only inconveience is that you need to use your PC.

1) On PC: Go to playlist you have synced  (the one with 2000 so songs) and remove the problem files. In this case, All "Super Mash Bros".

2) On PC: Locate The songs in your local files, Select all songs in album, right click, Add To -> New Playlist.

3) On iOS: Locate New Playlist "Super Mash Bros", and select Available Offline

4) On PC: Drag songs from "Super Mash Bros" playlist to your master playlist.

Hope this workaround helps! Let me know if you have any questions

I've experienced similar issues for the better part of a year. Most times, I can resync the songs quite easily, but sometimes, I have to remove the songs from Spotify and re-add them before resyncing them. This issue has been compounded by the fact that I'm seldom able to sync my local files while I'm away at school (But that's a different story).

I should note that I'm using an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.0.2.

Here's my main addition to the conversation: In my experience, this seems to happen soon after my Spotify app receives an update. It could be a coincidence, but it has happened after the last 3 or so updates. It just happened to me over the weekend.. immediately following the recent update for the iPhone app.

Suggested posts