Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iPhone 6 Plus With Horrible Lag since latest update.

iPhone 6 Plus With Horrible Lag since latest update.

Since the latest update, I have horrible lag on my Spotify app that makes it nearly unusable.  Just started.

I haver an iPhone 6 Plus and upgraded to iOs 8.1.2 after this started happening.  I have a 128gb device with a lot of memory available.I have tried removing and adding back the Spotify app, but the performance remains terrible.  It also occasionally lags and quits out.

Has this been reported by others?

10 Replies

Do you have any local files (MP3s) from your computer synced to the app?

There is currently lag problems when scrolling through playlists that contain local files. This problem started happening earlier this week with the release of the new Touch Preview feature. I'm getting the developers to investiagte it.

If you don't have local files in the app, then it could be another problem.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have gigabytes of local files actually, as I actually own quite a few albums that aren't available on Spotify currently.

So sounds like it's being investigated at least.

Did it just start happening this week?

I'll send this thread over to the developers so it will help them investigate. I'll post more info if I hear anything more about it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, it started after the update to the new version of the app.

Thanks.

I have exactly same problem on my iPad Air

I'm having the exact same issue on bot my iPad 4th Generation (no local files on it) and my iPhone 6. There were some 800 local files on the iPhone but I just did an app delete and restore and am still experiencing the same terible lag. It makes the app virtually unusable for any playlists.

Just wanted to update, it seems the issue sent out yesterday has fixed this lag. The app is now working seemlessly for me.Thanks!

What update? There's terrible amount of lag when you auto-scroll (tap the upper part) in a playlist containing +150 tracks. How did it suddenly get so much worse?

Ally's

I'm on 2.3.0.1573 and have no more lag issues.

I doubt that. The lag is evident in the core apps within iOS and it's ridiclously evident in Spotify. 

Ally's

Suggested posts