Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

premium will not transfer to my iphone

I upgraded to spotify premium (w/ student discount) on my computer, but when I logged into my account on my Iphone it was still running on the free trial. I tried uninstalling and re-installing spotify, but that didn't work. help?

• I upgraded to spotify premium (w/ student discount) on my computer, but when I logged into my account on my Iphone it was still running on the free trial. I tried uninstalling and re-installing spoti...
  • hugowright
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod shuffle?

Hi, Is it possible for me to load music from Spotify Premium into my ipod shuffle. I have been following the instructions on Spotify Help and I am getting nowhere fast. Cosmo

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Is it possible for me to load music from Spotify Premium into my ipod shuffle. I have been following the instructions on Spotify Help and I am getting nowhere fast.   Cosmo
  • cosmoboobley
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium

I have premium and it says that in my account but I still can only shuffle and it throws in songs I don't want??????

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium and it says that in my account but I still can only shuffle and it throws in songs I don't want??????
  • PeterMuc
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium 3 months for price of 1 and sonos question

Hi,Firstly apologies if this has been covered previouslyI got email saying 3 months premium for 1 month cost, my question is can I use a scratch card to pay for this 1 month? Or Is this based on a rolling subscription after the 3 months and hence nee...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Firstly apologies if this has been covered previously I got email saying 3 months premium for 1 month cost, my question is can I use a scratch card to pay for this 1 month? Or Is this based on ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection problems on 3G

Spotify on iOS 8.1.2. can't connect while on 3G, but it can when using wifi. I've force quit app, rebooted iphone, reset iphone, reinstalled app, and I have the latest version of iOS. I've changed language and region as suggested, nothing has solved ...

• Spotify on iOS 8.1.2. can't connect while on 3G, but it can when using wifi. I've force quit app, rebooted iphone, reset iphone, reinstalled app, and I have the latest version of iOS. I've changed la...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Everything's in Finnish

Hi, I just downloaded Spotify onto my MacBook Pro and everything is in Finnish. My profile is set to USA and it's in English on my iPhone. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the desktop version but it's still all in Finnish. Does anyone know how ...

• Hi,   I just downloaded Spotify onto my MacBook Pro and everything is in Finnish. My profile is set to USA and it's in English on my iPhone. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the deskto...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • change language
    finnish
    language
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPod touch

Hello, i just wanted to know if it´s possible to use spotify premium with an iPod touch 5. is it possible to listen to my playlists, which i made offline available, without an internet connection ? thanks for your help

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  i just wanted to know if it´s possible to use spotify premium with an iPod touch 5.  is it possible to listen to my playlists, which i made offline available, without an interne...
  • tonymt_11
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Current state of ipod touch synchronization?

Dear all, a few days ago I read that Spotify supports iPod synchronization and gave it a whirl. After a couple of frustrating attempts, I finally learned that my iPod nano actually only supports local mp3s and not Spotify songs made available offline...

• Casual Listener
  • Dear all,   a few days ago I read that Spotify supports iPod synchronization and gave it a whirl. After a couple of frustrating attempts, I finally learned that my iPod nano actually only su...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify & iPod - offline listening

I saw that only Classic, Shuffle and Nano aren't supported by Spotify for offline listening. Is it going to be possible on iPod Touch then? I would like to listen to offline Spotify music on other device than my iPhone (memory savings ). Will be than...

• Regular
  • I saw that only Classic, Shuffle and Nano aren't supported by Spotify for offline listening. Is it going to be possible on iPod Touch then? I would like to listen to offline Spotify music on other de...
  • milcasolorio-us
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not showing up on iPad

I recently installed Spotify on my iPad Air but the app is not showing up on the device. I try to open from the App Store and it doesn't work as we'll. Please help!! Thank you

• Casual Listener
  • I recently installed Spotify on my iPad Air but the app is not showing up on the device. I try to open from the App Store and it doesn't work as we'll. 😞 Please help!! Thank you
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Is spotify listening....local files

I no longer have a computer. I have a tablet running android...kitkat, android phone and I pad. However, how do I listen to my local music files that I have stored on my tablet? All your solutions talk about a PC playlist. Spotify is beginning to loo...

• Gig Goer
  • I no longer have a computer. I have a tablet running android...kitkat, android phone and I pad.  However, how do I listen to my local music files that I have stored on my tablet? All your soluti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music won't play unless app is open

I'm playing some banging tunes, but if i want to do something else which means closing the app, the music stops until the app is reopened. This wasn't an issue on my 4s but has been since I got my 6. Any ideas?

• I'm playing some banging tunes, but if i want to do something else which means closing the app, the music stops until the app is reopened. This wasn't an issue on my 4s but has been since I got my 6....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Control iPhone in "Connect"

Just shifted to Premium using 3 devices- iPad, iPhone5S and PC. When I activate "Connect", all 3 devices appear but the iPhone has a note "Premium Only". And it does not turn green, unlike the other 2 when i click on them. For the PC and the ipad, th...

• Just shifted to  Premium   using 3 devices- iPad, iPhone5S and PC. When I activate "Connect", all 3 devices appear but the iPhone has a note "Premium Only". And it does not turn green,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not opening

I am unable to open Spotify on my Mac retina display powerbook. I reinstalled software and the same problem occurs:When I try to open, the small Spotify window appears with "initializing" but only for a SPLIT second. It actually took me several goes ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am unable to open Spotify on my Mac retina display powerbook. I reinstalled software and the same problem occurs: When I try to open, the small Spotify window appears with "initializing" but onl...
  • Erkan_Yılmaz
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't figure out how to get the holiday deal on the spotify app

So I don't have a credit card or anything so I use my Apple ID and money on my apple account to buy things on my apps. I want to get the spotify premium deal but I can't on the app or I have to wait and see if an add comes up but there hasn't been on...

• So I don't have a credit card or anything so I use my Apple ID and money on my apple account to buy things on my apps. I want to get the spotify premium deal but I can't on the app or I have to wait ...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file songs not playing after iPhone 6 restore

Hello,So I have a few playlists on my spotify playing in offline mode (sync'd all the playlists as I wanted to save data) playing just fine on my iPhone 5. After I backed it up and restored everything when I got my iPhone 6 none of the local file son...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, So I have a few playlists on my spotify playing in offline mode (sync'd all the playlists as I wanted to save data) playing just fine on my iPhone 5. After I backed it up and restored every...
  • zet
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Default song

I have a playlist active on my phone, but when I get out of my car and come back later if I don't change the source (leave it on bluetooth), it defaults to the same song every time, a song not on the playlist that spotify is on. Very annoying. Though...

• I have a playlist active on my phone, but when I get out of my car and come back later if I don't change the source (leave it on bluetooth), it defaults to the same song ever...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Activity Feed "An error occurred"

My activity feed will not work. I have re-tried it a great number of times and it still wont work. Also, my dad wants to see my recent activity and he is following me but it the recent feed doesn't work there either. (my parents are a bit overprotect...

• Regular
  • My activity feed will not work. I have re-tried it a great number of times and it still wont work. Also, my dad wants to see my recent activity and he is following me but it the recent feed doesn't w...
  • NeedHelpPlease
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Just started my premium trial, but can't play specific songs!

I just got the Spotify app on my iPhone 6, and immediately started my Premium 7-day trial, but I cannot play specific songs or albums in order. I thought this was one of the perks of Premium. How do I fix this?

• I just got the Spotify app on my iPhone 6, and immediately started my Premium 7-day trial, but I cannot play specific songs or albums in order. I thought this was one of the perks of Premium. How...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Trial

Hi there I clicked on "Try Spotify Premium for 7 days for free", but I did not meant to. What can I do now to cancel this service? I'm afraid that, after the 7 trial days, I'll have to pay for it. Can anyone help me?

• Hi there I clicked on "Try Spotify Premium for 7 days for free", but I did not meant to. What can I do now to cancel this service? I'm afraid that, after the 7 trial days, I'll have to pay f...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes