Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[iOS] Music stops randomly

[iOS] Music stops randomly

Plan : Premium

Device: Iphone 12

Operating System: iOS 14.4

Spotify version: 8.6.6

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I am experiencing since this morning a particularly annoying issue. Spotify stop playing randomly, I need to hit play to keep listening music.

This bug occurs with my airpods, my a WIFI spkeakers and with my phone. Other app does not have any issue playing music.

This issue occurs several times in one song.

I tried to re-install the app and to restart my phone, but the bug keep happening.

any idea ?

7 Replies

I think I figured it out. It came from Discord

Same issue here with 8.6.6, regardless wired or wireless, and play button on wireless doesn’t work, I must open the to press play.
And I do not have Discord...

Hey there @terry64,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Can you make sure that there aren't any battery optimization settings enabled for Spotify on your phone?

Also, can you give us more details about the play button not working on wireless? Let us know the make, model and OS version of your main device, and the devices you're connecting it to.

We'd also like to know if this is only happening while you're using an external device, like speakers or headphones, and the type of connection you're using (Bluetooth, Connect, etc.), or if it also happens without any other device connected.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Ciao, iPhone 12 mini, 128GiB, iOS 14.4, Spotify 8.6.6.
When commuting Sony WF-1000XM3, latest FW. When Spotify stops I try to restart playing by tapping one of the earbuds, but playback does not resume (it should! It works in normal operations, I mean I tap it stops, re-tap it resumed playing) . As I said, I have to open the app. It seems it has been stopped.
Same problems today, wired B&O headphone, battery >50%, phone on the table, far from me, no unwanted touches.
After 2-3 autostop I switch to Apple Music app and it smoothly works (no autostop).

Note the issue, at least for me, is recent (a month or two), Spotify smoothly worked for months.

Updated to iOs 14.4.1 and Spotify 8.6.8 today...

Hey @terry64,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the extra info.

Could you try unpairing your earbuds, restarting your iPhone, and pairing them again?

If this doesn't make any difference, we suggest running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your phone by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If this behavior persists, could you confirm if it only happens when using headphones/earbuds, or if it also happens when the audio comes from your phone's speaker?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Ciao Carlos, so far so good, but just I’m just back to normal life, after 2M of full smart working, and sincerely I’ve not used Spotify so much… in iPhone: at home I prefer iPad and TV to stream thru home HiFi😁
I’ll post here in a pair of weeks

Hi there @terry64,

Thank you for your reply 🙂

Glad to hear that everything works as it should for you at the moment.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts