iOS Spotify App only crashes when connected to 3G, works when connected to wireless

Highlighted

iOS Spotify App only crashes when connected to 3G, works when connected to wireless

Regular

First, some background. After updating to 0.6 my spotify app kept crashing whenever I opened it. I closed the app, tried it again. I restarted my iPhone 4. Still didn't work. I reinstalled, no luck. Finally I realized that the app only worked when I had a wireless connection and crashed whenever I was connected to 3G. Details below:

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. First I opened up spotify.

2. Then the loading icon appeared

3. Then the app would show for about a second.

4. Then the app crashes

What I expected to happen

I expected the app to work.

What actually happened

THE APP CRASHED =(

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 4

Device’s Operating System

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

Fewer than 10, currently 0 synced.

My mobile Spotify version

My provider and country

AT&T

My username

patapat87

18 Replies
Highlighted

Re: iOS Spotify App only crashes when connected to 3G, works when connected to wireless

Community Legend
Could AT&T be blocking access to the Spotify servers, resulting in an unexpected result and crashing the app?
Highlighted

Re: iOS Spotify App only crashes when connected to 3G, works when connected to wireless

Regular

If that's the case, how can I fix this? Also this problem has persisted for at least 48 hours.

Highlighted

Community Legend

@patapat wrote:

If that's the case, how can I fix this? Also this problem has persisted for at least 48 hours.

Has it always been the case though?

Could you try a different carrier?

Highlighted

Regular

No, it has just only started when I updated the spotify app to 0.6.0

Highlighted

Community Legend

@patapat wrote:

No, it has just only started when I updated the spotify app to 0.6.0

Unlikely to be my theory then.

Please could you try a full device wipe after another reinstall? If that doesn't work, I'll forward it to Spotify staff for you 🙂

Liam

Highlighted

Rising Star 7
Rising Star 7
He could try a Virtual Private Network. Aka VPN to possibly bypass the AT&T servers couldn't he?
Michael. A Spotify Knight in Shining Armor.
I AM NOT A SPOTIFY STAFF MEMBER| I'm a Spotify Community Legend
Was this information helpful to you? Give me kudos or accept as solution, if so!
Highlighted

Regular

A full wipe is rather inconvenient. I did a complete reinstall following the instructions outlined in the troubleshooting section. I've had spotify for almost a year now and i've never had an issue like this. My problem is very specific and it coincides with the latest release, there must be some direct cause.

To be clear the app works perfectly fine when connected to wireless.

Highlighted

Rising Star 7
Rising Star 7
Have you tried restarting your phone?
Was this information helpful to you? Give me kudos or accept as solution, if so!
Highlighted

Rising Star 7
Rising Star 7
Or perhaps you need to perform a apple software update to your phone?
SUGGESTED POSTS