Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Spotify Connect and grouping of speakers not working with newest hardware versions

[iOS] Spotify Connect and grouping of speakers not working with newest hardware versions

Hey,

I'm playing music on my SONOS speakers using Spotify Connect and I found an issue with newer hardware versions of SONOS One SL speakers.

My system has 8 SONOS One SL speakers,

5 are running hardware version 10.28.1.6-2.1

3 are running hardware version 10.28.2.5-2.2

whenever I click on a newer speaker and press the group room feature the Spotify app starts the iOS App store to load SONOS S1 controller app.

when using a 10.28.1.6 hardware version Spotify starts the correct SONOS (S2) app.

Grouping inside the SONOS app works on all speakers, so e.g. start Spotify Connect with one speaker and then go into the SONOS app to group the rooms works.

Already talked to SONOS and they had a look at the configuration, everything seems fine and their best guess is an interface issue with the Spotify app.

here is a video:

https://private0-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/philipp_leitenbauer_com/Ee0ZMFE2ADxAjqBAlxR4oxIB4e...

When using "Schlafzimmer" it tries to start S1 app

When using "Büro" it starts the correct app.

7 Replies

adding a download link to the video

https://private0-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/philipp_leitenbauer_com/Ee0ZMFE2ADxAjqBAlxR4oxIB4e...

you can see that when I'm using "Schlafzimmer" the link to S1 is done, when using "Büro" the correct app is started

please make sure that the speakers are running the same update try downloading the app and see what that dose.
have a good day.

all are running lates software 14.2 (build 67126143)

Hey @philipp-181,

Thanks for your post.

Could you let us know the version of your Spotify app? You can find it under Settings > About. In case you haven't already, try reinstalling the app to see if that does the trick.

If possible, try logging in on another mobile device (a family member's phone will do) to see if the same behavior is present there.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm running 8.7.14.807

my girlfriend also has an iPhone at it is the same behavior

same behavior on iPad running same version, but the issue is there since we added the A200 SONOS hardware about 3 month back.

I don't have an Android version to test.

Hi @philipp-181,

Thanks for keeping us posted on this.

This seems rather weird. What we can do is offer a best guess as to why this might be happening: looks like it might be something related to the updated hardware version. It'd be best for the right teams from both sides to get in touch via the relevant partner channels so that this can be looked further into, but we cannot influence this. In the meantime, the best option is to create groupings in the Sonos App as a workaround.

Hope this gets fixed eventually. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

thanks all I can ask for, let me know if I can provide logs or run a testflight version

Suggested posts