Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Spotify app crashing + draining battery?

[iOS] Spotify app crashing + draining battery?

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS 14.2.1 (latest)

My Question or Issue

Hi there,

My Spotify app often crashes in the background when I am listening to music (it maybe happens a few times per day). I can listen to a lot of music, but then suddenly the music stops and I have to restart the app. This happens both in online and offline mode. Besides, I have the feeling that the Spotify app really drains my battery.

Others with the same problem? Would you guys like to fix this?

Kind regards, 

User 56444

6 Replies

this has been happening since earlier this year, there's nothing to fix this, uninstalling and clean reinstalling doesn't work either. DON'T listen to the automoderators that comment on your post. restarting the phone doesn't work either it's just been a terrible app bug that hasn't been fixed for months. best thing you can do is close any apps you won't use at the moment and hope it doesn't crash. r/spotify on reddit has been having multiple reports throughout the year as well so you can check that out if you would like.

Hey @user56444  & @pineapplefanta, welcome to the Community

Hope you're doing great!

This seems to be an Ongoing Issue, which means Spotify is aware of it and is working on a fix. Add your vote and details here.

In the meantime try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Thanks 🙂

I’m having the same issue and have uninstalled + reinstalled the app multiple times this week and cleared my downloads and the cache multiple times this week to no avail. My battery level drops 60% in one hour listening to a downloaded podcast on airplane mode and at this point I’m about to just pay for Apple Music instead

Hey there @Mandysierz18,

Thank you for your post in this thread.

As @Loxer mentioned - there's an ongoing issue that's being investigated. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This clearly isn’t being resolved and this is DISGRACEFUL for a PAID service. SO BETTER 

Talking to Spotify support and Spotify cares on Twitter since BEFORE THANKSGIVING IS A DISGRACE. How can you say this is an ongoing issue and then do nothing...... for a PAID SERVICE

Suggested posts