Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle/Repeat Toggles Inconsistent/Missing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S PlusOperating SystemiOS 14.0.1 My Question or IssueUsing Spotify app version 8.5.78.928. “Daily Mix” playlists do not offer the shuffle option. Found this same problem on the Spotify web site (under...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S Plus Operating System iOS 14.0.1   My Question or Issue Using Spotify app version 8.5.78.928.  “Daily Mix” playlists do no...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Liked songs no longer showing on iPhone or mac app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueI have and iPhone 11 and a new account after just setting up a duo account which my partner i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue I have ...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Descriptions

Plan - PremiumCountry - USA DeviceiPhone x Operating SystemiOS 14 My Question or Issue - Is there a way to see the full description of a playlist on a mobile device? I love making fun/unique descriptions for my playlists but on an iphone you cannot h...

• Regular
  • Plan - Premium Country - USA   Device iPhone x  Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue - Is there a way to see the full description of a playlist on a mobile ...
  • amkolts
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

“...and more” on artist’s profile isn’t working? [iOS]

Hello! I’ve been having issues with the “...and more” option that is listed beneath an artist when you go to their page. For instance, I recently went to Owl City’s profile to play his music, but when I hit “...and more”, it just did the “you have hi...

• Visitor
  • Hello! I’ve been having issues with the “...and more” option that is listed beneath an artist when you go to their page. For instance, I recently went to Owl City’s profile to play his music, but whe...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution PLEASE HELP I AM GOING CRAZY

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueWhenever I queue up a song on my phone, it shows up for a split second and then disappears. The song will still play, but I can not move it or see where it is in my queue....

• Plan Premium Country USA Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Whenever I queue up a song on my phone, it shows up for a split second and then disappears. The...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files not working on IPhone

PlanPremiumCountryAmericaDeviceIphone SEIOS 14 My Question or IssueI keep trying to play my local files that I downloaded onto my computer on my phone but nothing has worked. I have tried everything and no matter what I do nothing will work.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country America Device Iphone SE IOS 14   My Question or Issue I keep trying to play my local files that I downloaded onto my computer on my phone but nothing has worked. I...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth car mode not staying on playlist

I am on the free plan in Ireland. I am using an iPhone 7 on ios 13.7 When I link my phone up to my car there is a particular play list (which is from a musical) that does not play. It will either play similar songs or the same songs but from differen...

• Visitor
  • I am on the free plan in Ireland.   I am using an iPhone  7 on ios 13.7   When I link my phone up to my car there is a particular play list (which is from a musical) that does not ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot play through playlist without repeated songs

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealandDevice(iPhone 11)Operating System(iOS 14.) My Question or Issue I have a playlist of almost 900 songs. Every now and then I like to play through the whole playlist listening to every song once. I used to be able to play t...

•   Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device (iPhone 11) Operating System (iOS 14.)   My Question or Issue   I have a playlist of almost 900 songs. Every now and then I like t...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Black screen on iPhone when using AirPlay

PremiumUSA iPhone 7PlusiOS14 Since I updated to iOS14 my iPhone screen goes black when trying to AirPlay Spotify. Very frustrating.

• Regular
  • Premium USA   iPhone 7Plus iOS14    Since I updated to iOS14 my iPhone screen goes black when trying to AirPlay Spotify. Very frustrating.   
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone defaults to chrome

Hi been having an issue. This happened a few months back but went away and now back and worse than ever. I play Spotify on iPhone X. I can be playing a playlist or liked songs and all of a sudden my song will stop and it’s defaulted to playing throug...

• Hi been having an issue. This happened a few months back but went away and now back and worse than ever.  I play Spotify on iPhone X. I can be playing a playlist or liked songs and all of a...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Local files not showing on iPhone but shows on Windows

I have a MP3 downloaded in a separate file, all my settings are on such as Local Files on my iPhone and on my Windows laptop. I’ve selected the file with the MP3 downloads and it shows up on the Windows device and download them as well, but when i go...

• Visitor
  • I have a MP3 downloaded in a separate file, all my settings are on such as Local Files on my iPhone and on my Windows laptop. I’ve selected the file with the MP3 downloads and it shows up on the Wind...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Remove daily mix and related on Carplay

Can I remove the Daily Mix and similar items from Spotify and/or from appearing at the top of my list when using Apple CarPlay? I use Spotify for podcasts in the car. I do not listen to any of the music provided. I want to delete the pre-curated list...

• Visitor
  • Can I remove the Daily Mix and similar items from Spotify and/or from appearing at the top of my list when using Apple CarPlay? I use Spotify for podcasts in the car. I do not listen to any of the mu...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Carplay
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle play unavailable in playlist

PlanFreeCountryUkDeviceIPad Air 2Operating SystemiOS 13.6 My Question or IssueShuffle play option on my playlist has disappeared from Spotify app on iPad. I can only play my playlist in the order I added the songs to playlist.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Uk Device IPad Air 2 Operating System iOS 13.6   My Question or Issue Shuffle play option on my playlist has disappeared  from Spotify app on iPad. I can...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I view the sections/chapters of a podcast episode I’m listening to?

Hey! I’m a big podcast consumer, and heard that Spotify is pretty good for podcasts now, and since I’m already on a premium plan, I figured I might as well use one app to rule them all. However, there’s a feature I use all the time in other podcast a...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I’m a big podcast consumer, and heard that Spotify is pretty good for podcasts now, and since I’m already on a premium plan, I figured I might as well use one app to rule them all.   Howe...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • Feature
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

iOS 14.0.1 Widget Description Unicode Character Issues

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14.0.1 My Question or IssueWhen playing a playing a playlist, the description of the playlist is displayed on the widget, which is really nice. How every the characters displayed are no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14.0.1   My Question or Issue When playing a playing a playlist, the description of the playlist is displayed on...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playing while i make a video

hello, i can’t play music when i make a video for exemple i want to make an Instagram story and want to hear the music in that Little video please help me

• Casual Listener
  • hello, i can’t play music when i make a video   for exemple i want to make an Instagram story and want to hear the music in that Little video    please help me
  • Echo3R3vivify
  • Visitor
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto Connect

Im using an iPhone running iOS 14, with a premium account. I also use a Windows laptop with the same account. I usually have Spotify open on my laptop while using social media on my phone. The issue is that my phone auto connects to my laptop's Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • Im using an iPhone running iOS 14, with a premium account. I also use a Windows laptop with the same account.   I usually have Spotify open on my laptop while using social media on my phone. T...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Share to ChromeCast does not work with iOS14

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceiPhone XOperating SystemiOS 14 My Question or IssueSince iOS 14 upgrade, when i try casting music to my chromeCast from Spotify App in iPhone, the loading appears but never succeed.Same issue with iPad Pro with iOS 14.Us...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country France Device iPhone X Operating System iOS 14   My Question or Issue Since iOS 14 upgrade, when i try casting music to my chromeCast from Spotify App in iPhone, t...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop no longer recognises iphone online, local files missing in playlists

PlanPremiumCountryuk DeviceiPhone x Operating SystemiOS 13.1.3 My Question or IssueOk don’t laugh but I’m still using a really old macbook (Running snow leopard so version no longer supported by spotify) to upload local files as I need to add tracks ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country uk   Device iPhone x   Operating System iOS 13.1.3   My Question or Issue Ok don’t laugh but I’m still using a really old macbook (Running snow leopard...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can no longer control volume of Spotify on Xbox using my iPhone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone XR and XBOXONE)Operating System(iOS) My Question or IssueI used to be able to control the volume of Spotify on Xbox using my iPhone and this functionality no longer works

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device (iPhone XR and XBOXONE) Operating System (iOS)   My Question or Issue I used to be able to control the volume of Spotify on Xbox using my iPho...
  • Asean1
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iPhone Xbox
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes