Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

I recently got a new iPhone and I'm having a lot of trouble with Spotify. The app keeps crashing randomly while it is playing music in both the background and when I'm on the app. When I re-launch it, I can usually play music for a minute before it crashes again and the song starts from the beginning of the tack. I have Spotify on my computer, tablet and my previous iPhone and it all works perfectly. I've been trying to trouble shoot my phone but I'm not sure if I am missing something. 

What I have already done:

1. Updated everything (on App Store & iOS software updates)

2. Restart my phone

3. Uninstall and re-install the app

4. Log out of everywhere and log back in

5. Delete cache 

6. Reset network settings (in System Preferences)

7. Reset general settings (in System Preferences)

8. I have also tried playing music on 3 different wifis and the cellular network, but the crashing still happens

If anyone has any other recommendations, please let me know:(

3 Replies

Hi there!

I think this post will help. https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/My-app-keeps-crashing/m-p/4921775#M120653

I see you've done a reinstall, but I recommend you do a clean reinstall, and the steps are here .

I know many people say doing a clear reinstall is worthless, but hopefully you'll give it a try. 

Hope this helps!

I tried it earlier today, but I noticed that it still crashes. I actually realized that when I log out and log back into my account, the crashing stops for a while, but I am not sure what that means in terms of the problem. 

Hi @user-removed!   

Thanks for trying that out. Just to check, can you let us know if while you're using the Spotify app you've noticed any unusual battery draining? If so, you can add your vote 

to this Ongoing issue. 

On another note, we suggest that you make sure the OS of your device is up-to-date.  

Additionally, could you confirm that your phone's battery saving options are disabled?    

Let us know how it goes! We'll be on the lookout for your response.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts