Highlighted

My app keeps crashing

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone XR)

My Question or Issue

I updated my app last night to the most recent software and now my app won’t stay open past one second. It crashes before anything can load. I have restarted my phone and redownloaded the app already.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: (iOS) My app keeps crashing

Hey there @Cooolgurl01

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the relevant device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Re: My app keeps crashing

Hey folks,

Hey folks,

We wanted to share that we're currently receiving reports of users having troubles to use the app on iOS devices.

If you're also experiencing this, no worries, our tech teams are currently looking into this. For more info and updates, please check this Ongoing Issue.

Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

22 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: (iOS) My app keeps crashing

Hey there @Cooolgurl01

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the relevant device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson

Highlighted

Composer
I have some solutions. Maybe try resetting phone settings or phone. But one thing I would try first is to completely delete the app and its cache.
Highlighted

My app keeps crashing

Visitor

Hi!

I have a problem with spotify app on my macbook pro, OS El Capitan. It takes very long to launch properly. It takes a long time before the icons of the main page appear. Sometimes When I search for something on the search bar the results don't appear. Other times, when I click on a track it doesn't start playing immediately or not at all. I hope there's some way to fix this because the app is updated and I'm sure of that. 

P.S: I'm a free user. 

Sincerely, 

Highlighted

Composer

There may be a problem with the connection or just try to uninstall and reinstall.

Highlighted

Visitor

I was able to fix this moments ago. Here is what I did  (not sure if any one thing was the solution):

IoS 13.4

Soft Reset

Hard Reset

Turn off WiFi

Turn on Airplane Mode -> App opens -> asks for log-in -> attempt to log-in -> error

Turn off Airplane Mode-> asks for log-in -> attempt to log-in -> success!

Not sure if it was just the Airplane Mode or not.

Hope that helps/solves the issue for anyone having this problem

Highlighted

Visitor

Model: iPhone 7

OS Version: 13.4.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.56.1214

I was having the same problem, where the app was crashing every time I would open it. I tried restarting and re-installing the app several times, but it just kept crashing. During my research online, I found that someone had rest their network settings and seemed to correct the problem for them, so I gave that a try. 

I went into Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings, entered my passcode and then selected Reset Network Settings. After the phone had finished and auto-restarted, I had to log back into my wifi and then I re-installed the app. The app opened right up with out any issues.

Highlighted

Re: my app is still crashing

I have experiencing app crashing during play for months since February or march. I have uninstalled app and reinstalled, deleted cache, updated app, updated phone software, and i even got a new iphone last week. I have had problems on iphone se and now iphone se 2nd generation 2020 model. So i have done everything i can to resolve the problem and it is still crashing. I’m just playing any music in shuffle and it crashes within a few minutes to an hour. Please address this problem. This is still an on going problem despite following these instructions in this post. Thank you. 

Highlighted

Re: my app is still crashing

Roadie

There is ongoing issue on Android. Write your complaint there, if they didn't open one for iOS.

Highlighted

Regular
Did you try deleting and reinstalling the app, this can be the solution sometimes
SUGGESTED POSTS