My app keeps crashing

Solved!

My app keeps crashing

Plan

Premium

Device

(iPhone XR)

My Question or Issue

I updated my app last night to the most recent software and now my app won’t stay open past one second. It crashes before anything can load. I have restarted my phone and redownloaded the app already.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Cooolgurl01

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the relevant device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Cooolgurl01

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your device. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the relevant device. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I have some solutions. Maybe try resetting phone settings or phone. But one thing I would try first is to completely delete the app and its cache.

Hi!

I have a problem with spotify app on my macbook pro, OS El Capitan. It takes very long to launch properly. It takes a long time before the icons of the main page appear. Sometimes When I search for something on the search bar the results don't appear. Other times, when I click on a track it doesn't start playing immediately or not at all. I hope there's some way to fix this because the app is updated and I'm sure of that. 

P.S: I'm a free user. 

Sincerely, 

There may be a problem with the connection or just try to uninstall and reinstall.

I was able to fix this moments ago. Here is what I did  (not sure if any one thing was the solution):

IoS 13.4

Soft Reset

Hard Reset

Turn off WiFi

Turn on Airplane Mode -> App opens -> asks for log-in -> attempt to log-in -> error

Turn off Airplane Mode-> asks for log-in -> attempt to log-in -> success!

Not sure if it was just the Airplane Mode or not.

Hope that helps/solves the issue for anyone having this problem

Model: iPhone 7

OS Version: 13.4.1

Spotify Version: 8.5.56.1214

I was having the same problem, where the app was crashing every time I would open it. I tried restarting and re-installing the app several times, but it just kept crashing. During my research online, I found that someone had rest their network settings and seemed to correct the problem for them, so I gave that a try. 

I went into Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings, entered my passcode and then selected Reset Network Settings. After the phone had finished and auto-restarted, I had to log back into my wifi and then I re-installed the app. The app opened right up with out any issues.

I have experiencing app crashing during play for months since February or march. I have uninstalled app and reinstalled, deleted cache, updated app, updated phone software, and i even got a new iphone last week. I have had problems on iphone se and now iphone se 2nd generation 2020 model. So i have done everything i can to resolve the problem and it is still crashing. I’m just playing any music in shuffle and it crashes within a few minutes to an hour. Please address this problem. This is still an on going problem despite following these instructions in this post. Thank you. 

There is ongoing issue on Android. Write your complaint there, if they didn't open one for iOS.

Did you try deleting and reinstalling the app, this can be the solution sometimes

My app still crashes after all I have done !

Same issue for me, iOS up-to-date and my Spotify app just started refusing to open in the last hour (was listening normally this morning) but I was actually on the last version of Spotify. I thought that was the problem so I updated, but the problem has persisted. Makes me wonder whether the Spotify update was the problem? I've literally tried everything I've found online and nothing is working. Going to have to stop paying for Spotify if I can't listen when I want to.

iPhone XR - Was listening as normal this morning 10.07.2020 and I locked my phone and paused. Came back to unlock my phone and change song, app won't open. Crashes shortly after opening sequence. 

Reinstalled x4 and app is fully up-to-date on updates. iPhone has been restarted and force restarted to no help. 

Mine crashed pre-update so I can't see for certain that the update has caused this issue, however I have no other method of music streaming. If it isn't resolved soon I'll have to regrettably cancel my subscription and start one with Apple Music (which brought tears to my eyes when typing this).

Me tooo

I have an iphone 6s running IOS 13.5.1. Until now I have had no problems running Spotify but now, for no apparent reason, the app wont launch. I have tried all the suggestions that I have read on this forum - I have re-booted my phone, re-installed the app and also changed my region settings and changed them back again.
The only thing I haven't done is deleted any caches as I don't know where to find them. 
Can anyone help? Please.....I am tearing my hair out here!!

Same here. Tried reinstalling, deleting cache, resetting network settings, booting in airplane mode (last one is the only possibility to have it open, once there is internet it crashes)

Yes, I have the exact same problem

It seems as though the problem is wide spread (loads of people are reporting it in the community section(https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/iOS-App-crashes-instantly-on-launch/idi-p/4993816#)) and that it only affects the Spotify app on the phone. Lets just hope that Spotify releases a new update. Although there should be no reason I could think of why Spotify would just stop working. Perhaps a server issue? Also does it still crash when the wifi/mobile data is turned off?

Ok it seems many people are having this issue of crashing in the last 2 hours, idk what is wrong but unusually, when I am not connected to the internet or cell network, the app opens however will not stay open when reconnected, maybe some fatal error is occurring when the app connects to the server, is this the same for anyone else?

Yup it seems more and more likely it is a server issue since it only crashes when connected to the internet. Drat, now I gotta download 6-7 GB of songs all over again. I mean I was able to hear some music when I restarted my phone before deleting the app which makes sense since I was not online. If some of y'all are desperate Spotify still works on your computer and if you really don't want to the Spotify Station still works although it is completely different to the normal Spotify app.

Suggested posts