Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] Mobile App: Missing artists?

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone 7s OSiOS 13.3.1 My Question or Issue:So, I know Spotify’s interface has changed quite a bit to “improve the listening experience”, however I noticed something odd today. The ‘Artist’ tab used to show my followed artists + rec...

• Plan Premium   Device iPhone 7s   OS iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue: So, I know Spotify’s interface has changed quite a bit to “improve the listening experience”, however ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Phone Won’t Open The Play Queue

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomOperating SystemIphone 8, ios 13 My Question or IssueOut of nowhere Spotify has suddenly stopped opening my play queue. I can add songs to the queue no problem, but when I click the 3 dots in the top right corner, and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Operating System Iphone 8, ios 13   My Question or Issue Out of nowhere Spotify has suddenly stopped opening my play queue. I can add songs to the que...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iphone not connecting to Sonos

My Question or IssueI used to be able to connect to my Sonos speakers through the Spotify app on iOS and then a few days ago (mid-March 2020) found I could no longer connect. Spotify won't even connect to airplay. I'm on the same network as the speak...

• Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue I used to be able to connect to my Sonos speakers through the Spotify app on iOS and then a few days ago (mid-March 2020) found I could no longer connect. Spotify won't even con...
  • Shadowyman
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant search through artists while offline

 PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiphone 11Operating Systemlatest iOS update My Question or Issuewhen i am offline i cant search music by artist, the screen goes black, the songs are still saved and i can find them under the the saved song playlist.i am...

E5156124-FD69-4A87-879F-1E763E0684B6.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Canada Device iphone 11 Operating System latest iOS update    My Question or Issue when i am offline i cant search music by artist, the screen goes black, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Go to queue doesn't work on Spotify app

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: iPhone 8 plusOperating System: iOS 13.3.1 My Question or IssueRecently when I was listening to some music, I noticed that my "Go to queue" button wasn't working on my Spotify app. I have tried to restart my device and...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: iPhone 8 plus Operating System: iOS 13.3.1   My Question or Issue Recently when I was listening to some music, I noticed that my "Go to queue" ...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Go to queue NOT working
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue not working

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Operating System(iOS 10, My Question or IssueIve been clicking the option, but it’s not letting me see the queue. I can still add to it but I can’t view or edit it all at. Like it’s not responding to me tap it...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8,  Operating System (iOS 10,   My Question or Issue Ive been clicking the option, but it’s not letting me see the queue. I can sti...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading youtube videoes

PlanPremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceiPhone 8SOperating SystemiOs 13.3.1 My Question or IssueSo I downloaded some songs from youtube, and put them in a playlist and everything works as it should. I can see the songs, hear the songs do whatever with the son...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Denmark Device iPhone 8S Operating System iOs 13.3.1   My Question or Issue So I downloaded some songs from youtube, and put them in a playlist and everything work...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Transfer Youtube to Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to play an album without shuffling?

Since the latest update I can't figure out how to just play an album without shuffling. If I select the first song in the album, Spotify will only play that song. If I tap the big play button on the album, it beings to play the album ... shuffled. Ho...

• Regular
  • Since the latest update I can't figure out how to just play an album without shuffling. If I select the first song in the album, Spotify will only play that song. If I tap the big play button on the ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Queue not working

PlanPremiumUnited States DeviceiPhone 8 I have been trying to view the queue but it will not let me. This has been happening the last 2 days and restarting my phone and deleting the app didn’t do anything. I can add songs to my queue but not see them...

• Plan Premium United States   Device iPhone 8   I have been trying to view the queue but it will not let me. This has been happening the last 2 days and restarting my phone and deleti...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App crashing iPhone 8 +

Every since I updated the Spotify app I’m unable to use it. I try listening to a song and the app crashes, I’ve reinstalled the app and that didn’t fix it. I’m on the iPhone 8+ .

• Visitor
  • Every since I updated the Spotify app I’m unable to use it. I try listening to a song and the app crashes, I’ve reinstalled the app and that didn’t fix it. I’m on the iPhone 8+ .  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i get the new design of Spotify? (IOS)

well i need some help im using a iPhone 7 Plus. i want the new design of the Spotify all, my sister who has a iPhone 5s have it. My Brother on the Samsung Galaxy s10 have it.. and my friends who owns a iPhone 8 have it? how do i get it? I havent got ...

• well i need some help   im using a iPhone 7 Plus.   i want the new design of the Spotify all, my sister who has a iPhone 5s have it. My Brother on the Samsung Galaxy s10 have it.. and m...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

i’m looking ng for artists that are like eminem when he was in his early stages, like in rap god

add the title says, i love eminem’s flow of lyrical acrobatics (anyone?) and i’m looking for similar artists to when eminem was in his early stages, like in rap god and godzilla, any suggestions? please suggest specific songs aswell as artists, it wo...

• Visitor
  • add the title says, i love eminem’s flow of lyrical acrobatics (anyone?) and i’m looking for similar artists to when eminem was in his early stages, like in rap god and godzilla, any suggestions? ple...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Car stereo says either no song or title

We have 2 iPhone 6 one plays through a usb cable fine but the other one says no songs but when I change the track on my phone it then says no title but it is playing because you can see the track counting down and no volume we have tried restarting t...

• We have 2 iPhone 6 one plays through a usb cable fine but the other one says no songs but when I change the track on my phone it then says no title but it is playing because you can see the track cou...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS][Playlists] spotify suggestion

spotify suggestions bugs sometimes since the deleted playlist always appear and some music stays there while they are not listening for a while

• Visitor
  • spotify suggestions bugs sometimes since the deleted playlist always appear and some music stays there while they are not listening for a while
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[iOS] Playlist info removed from mobile app

PlanFree CountryUnited States DeviceiPad Air 2 Operating SystemiOS 12.1 My Question or IssueIn the latest update the feature that allowed me to see when a playlist was last edited/created seems to have disappeared. The info used to displayed below th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free   Country United States   Device iPad Air 2   Operating System iOS 12.1   My Question or Issue In the latest update the feature that allowed me to see when ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Downloads While Offline

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue Downloaded songs won’t play offline unless my data is on. It’s the 3rd month in a row that 3...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

songs won’t play entirely

PlanFreeCountry DeviceiPhone XOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issuecan anyone help? basically i’ve started using spotify like a week ago. i have a free account. a couple of days ago i’ve noticed that all the pla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country   Device iPhone X Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue can anyone help? basically i’ve started using spotify like...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

AirPlay HomePods doesn't work properly on iOS 13.4

Device(iPhone 8, iPad pro 10.5, HomePod)Operating System(iOS 13.4) After updating Spotify (v 8.5.50) and iOS (13.4) I started to have a big problem with connection and sound of my stereo paired HomePods (OS 13.4). They are not playing as a stereo and...

• Device (iPhone 8, iPad pro 10.5, HomePod) Operating System (iOS 13.4)   After updating Spotify (v 8.5.50) and iOS (13.4) I started to have a big problem with connection and sound of my ster...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Cover photo looks different from dekstop's look in iOS app

Hi there!I've got a problem with my artist profile. I uploaded a cover picture, but it doesn't appear in the mobile app, instead there's my album cover somehow.. However it looks fine in the desktop application. Can you help me solve this problem, pl...

• Visitor
  • Hi there! I've got a problem with my artist profile. I uploaded a cover picture, but it doesn't appear in the mobile app, instead there's my album cover somehow.. However it looks fine in the deskto...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [iOS] App freezes when menu shows Spotify Code info

Plan Premium Country usa Device iphone 10 My Question or Issue this bug shows up every time I click on a song to like it and won’t leave the bottom tenth of the screen. Makes the app unusable and no tenable solution yet. Worse and on another for the ...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan Premium Country usa   Device iphone 10   My Question or Issue   this bug shows up every time I click on a song to like it and won’t leave the bottom t...
  • Xenia
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes
  • iOS
  • 18 replies
  • 3 likes