Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes at start up

Solved!

App crashes at start up

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 13.5.1

My Question or Issue

I was listening to music when the app crashed.  Now it will crashed before the loading screen finishes.  I have tried many options to resolve this below and none have fixed the problem.  Can anyone help please?

• delete / reinstall app
  • soft restart
  • hard restart
  • offload app then delete (using spotify instructions)
  • Reset network settings
  • airplane mode (the app loads when in airplane mode but crashes as soon as I turn it off again)

I'm at a loss as to how to fix this.  Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @shandog84

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We're currently investigating an issue causing the Spotify app to crash when being launched on iOS devices. If none of the troubleshooting steps you list helped we suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Oh I also tried switching the region / language to another region and back again (which I read online somewhere).  No dice!

Marked as solution

Hey there @shandog84

Thanks for reaching out - we’re here to help!

We're currently investigating an issue causing the Spotify app to crash when being launched on iOS devices. If none of the troubleshooting steps you list helped we suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

Thanks!  I've gone and voted.  I saw in the news that there's a facebook issue causing a number of major apps to crash, including Spotify

Suggested posts