Premium

Country

Spain

Device

iPhone 7 Plus

Operating System

iOS 11.4.1 (latest official version)

My Question or Issue

I've had seeing for a long time an updated look of Spotify for iOS on the pictures appearing on the App Sotre, but it never arrived to my iPhone till today, a couple hours ago. The problem is that I had to change my account (basically make a new one and get premium on it) for some personal issues and now that update was gone, funny thing considering that the only thing I did on the app itself was change account. 

Found out recently the update plan Spotify follows (A/B update plan or system, I think it's called), but never thought it would depend on which account the app was used, and not on the app version installed itself. Anyhow, the main point is that I basically even got to enroll to the iOS beta test program to be able to 'test' it (excuse the repetition), and had been installing and using every single Spotify beta update (released in Apple's TestFlight app) since, but never actually saw any appreciable change (guess they were software improvements and so).

The point is that I stopped using the beta and started using the official, normal app as there were no changes I could even provide feedback of, and suddenly appeared the official update (today, 21 of August) which included this major look and tab set change I was referring to before, without it being applied in the beta version of the app, which made me question a lot of things of how A/B update program actually works. Anyhow, if there is a reliably way to actually be able to opt in to receive and give feedback, I'd whish you included me into (as I haven't found and option, a thread or a way, apart from the beta app spoken before, which was not even reliable in terms of updates, to do so). 

If any screenshots or more info is needed, just let me know. Aswell, if this is not the place to post this, or if there even wasn't a place to discuss this, and I just should wait and be quiet, let me know too. 

Some design decisions as showing or not album covers in my "Songs" tab was a major thing for me, making me switch to Apple Music for it having it but going back and forth because of actually loving Spotify (with unique Discover Weekly, black and green theme, actual people's playlist acces, and a long so on). Please, don't let me fly away.

Sincerely, a many years Spotify user.

1 Reply

Hey @TakXOV, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Thanks for taking time to write this and share it here!

This the right place to send the feedback for such a thing as it says in this FAQ 🙂

I'll make sure to pass your feedback to the right folks at Spotify!

In the TestFlight app inside Spotify you'd find an email so you can use it to send the feedback for the Beta app, I'm not sure if that is aplicable for the non-beta app 🙂

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea about such things in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted, where others can give their support there 🙂

Thanks again and have a great day! 🙂

Suggested posts