Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS devices & Syncing

iOS devices & Syncing

Hey everyone, I recently wiped both my iPhone 4s and my New iPad becasue for storage purposes then restored from a back up for each one. I got all my app including the Spotify app but when I launched the Spotify desktop application so sync my local files onto my devices, under DEVICES nothing shows. I've reconnected all devices and computer to the the wifi and reinstalled the iOS spotify app but nothing. Any ideas? Oh and I just updated the desktop application today.
Mendoza, Victor
4 Replies

Sorry I can't help here but I can say that I see exactly the same problem. I never see any device in the Spotify desktop app, and I've tried:

1. An iPod, with a cable and just on the same wifi

2. An iPhone 4, cable and wifi

3. Android devices (ZTE Tureis, HTC Desire, Galaxy Tab)

4. The desktop client on both Mac (OS X 10.6.8) and Windows 7

I've tried this in the past (few months ago) and spend quite a while on it today with no success at all. Yes I've enabled Spotify in the windows 7 firewall. My OS X firewall is turned off.

I hade the same problem before with my iphone, I fixed it by buying a usb wifi and since then I have had no problem with the phone showing in Devices. I used it once and now it works without it, so if you can borrow from someone it might be better than byuing a usb wifi. Dont think this is a "fix" but it worked for me. Hope it helped

Thank you both for your reply but I believe this is an issue Spotify should address ASAP after all, we are premium subscribers and should get our money's worth. Perhaps it's the iOS App or something because before the update that included the iPad app, I was able to sync my local files with my iPhone without a problem but now this is ridiculous. Seriously Spotify fix this Sh!t already.
Mendoza, Victor

SO I HAVE AN IPOD TOUCH WERE I HAVE MULTIPLE LOCAL FILES I DOWNLOADED AND THEY WORK FINE. I DID THE SAME THING ON MY NEW IPHONE AND MY COMPUTER SAYS THEY HAVE BEEN SYNCED BUT WHEN I GO TO PLAY THEM IT JUST SAYS "TRACK NOT SYNCED" PLEASEE HELP!

Suggested posts