Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 - Spotify no longer loads

Solved!

iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 - Spotify no longer loads

Since the last update, Spotify no longer loads. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app and it I get a notice saying you need to download 6.0.0 or would you like an older version. I say yes to the older version. Spotify downloads bit will not start when I "click" on it. Please let me know what can be done. I have been a paying customer for the last 2 years. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hmmm.......it should have downloaded spotify 0.7.2 which is the most recent compatible version for iOS 5, I think. If it installed but won't run, could you try the steps in this post.

View solution in original post

27 Replies
Marked as solution

Hmmm.......it should have downloaded spotify 0.7.2 which is the most recent compatible version for iOS 5, I think. If it installed but won't run, could you try the steps in this post.

Thank you very much. Issue resolved.

Awesome news and thanks for reportng back 🙂

How can help me ? Same problem, spotify stops running since the last update of 29-11-2013. i have an Ipad 1 with iOS 5.1.1. Is this the end of spotify for me on this device?
Pleas help!

@Wemso wrote:
How can help me ? Same problem, spotify stops running since the last update of 29-11-2013. i have an Ipad 1 with iOS 5.1.1. Is this the end of spotify for me on this device?
Pleas help!

Have you got the app installed or are you having issues getting it from the App Store? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same problem. I have been a Spotify Premium subscriber for almost a year and suddenly the app has disappeared from my first generation Ipad. Incredible. New version is not compatible and Itunes has not allowed me to restore the backup version 0.7.6 that until a few days ago worked perfectly. App Store didn't allow me to install a previous version. It just appear on light grey and did't let me re install. Please, help!

This has been escalated as an issue @vidbcn . Hopefully the Spotify guys will be able to fix it soon!

Peter

Looks like its been a couple weeks since an update here. I'm having the same problem on my first gen iPad. I'm a paying subscriber to the service for 6 months or so now and am very disappointed with this.

Got Spotify premium as an Xmas present. It won't load on an iPad ver 1 running ios v5.xxx   (current one for that device). Saw from the postings that it's a Spotify problem that hasn't been fixed. Just putting my two cents in. Please fix it.

Still not fixed.  I just got an email from Spotify to go and modify my subscription?  That doesn't make sense.  i'm starting to doubt this company and service.  /sigh

Another unhappy bunny here.

Can't believe Apple and Spotify are so unhelpful - Spotify installed instantly on Android phone, but as far as I can see no way to get it to work on iPad 1

Fix it guys !!!

I have the same problem but mineonly started when my ipod got water damage and needed to restart factory settings - and I have now lost WiFi on my Ipod(3rd Gen I think!)

anyone got any closer updates for downloading an older version onto itunes?

same for me.

Why does this thread end two weeks ago are Spotify and Appple just hoping it will go away?

I have spotify on my galaxy and iPad. All of a sudden it stopped working on my iPad, so I deleted it and tried to reinstall, but when I try to open nothing happens. It is still working in the galaxy. Please help.

@PaulOO - The rock star team are continuing to push to get an old application made available again, but so far it's taking longer than I would have liked. Unfortunately, its down to Spotify to sort that out! 

@Candielady - Can you try fully restarting your device by holding down the home and lock buttons together until the apple logo appears on screen and then try again?

Peter

I can at least open it now. Thank you. I started to download some playlists and it was 1/4 completed when it crashed again. So frustrating! I'm not sure if I want to keep the premier membership or not.

Update - suddenly last week iTunes changed its mind and started offering an older version for IOS 5, as it was supposed to.

So now got version 7.2.26 installed on my iPad 1, and been using it this afternoon

Wouldn't say the interface is wonderful but at least can use it. Thanks guys if something has been updated at the iTunes end.

(it worked fine for the start on Android, so just an applle version issue)

Thanks for letting us know! 🙂

Peter

Thank you for letting us know..

It still doesn't seem to like the versionon my ipod. What a nightmare!

Suggested posts