Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 - Spotify no longer loads

Solved!

iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 - Spotify no longer loads

Since the last update, Spotify no longer loads. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app and it I get a notice saying you need to download 6.0.0 or would you like an older version. I say yes to the older version. Spotify downloads bit will not start when I "click" on it. Please let me know what can be done. I have been a paying customer for the last 2 years. Thank you.
27 Replies

Yeaaaah

They must care because they offered up an older version, so downloaded and listening to music again.

Thanks to those who did it.

How do you select to download an older version?

Why can't I seem to do it?! 😐 hehe

It was offered automatically whilst attempting the update on ITunes.

It still doesn't work. I'm trying via a new install as I didn't have a version that has worked. There's no choice for older versions. This is not solved as far as I can tell.

Not sure now, way beyond my comfort zone. Are any of you tech heads out there ?

It looks as if Apple has fixed this issue. If you go to the app store on your iOS 5.1.1 device (I used my iPod touch) and attempt to download Spotify, it will now give you the option to install an older version of Spotify that is compatible with your version of iOS. I just did it and now can use my premium account on my iPod touch! 

Good luck to everyone else! Hope it works for you too. 

P.S. I found this solution from another message link regarding Spotify and older versions.

Hi Guys. I've been reading through the forum for a fix on this. I've just purchased a used Ipad 1 on IOS 5.1.1. One of the things I was looking forward to was spotify. Trying to dowloand it on the app store. A notice appears syaing that i need IOS 6.0 or later for it to work. This is really disappointing of spotify and apple to do this. Why isn't there a version for the ipad 1 ? 

Hi baxismiths,

What you have to do is log into your iTunes account on your computer and get the spotify app there first, without connecting your iPad. Once you have "purchased" it on your computer and installed it into iTunes (it is okay that it is the latest version), go to the app store on your iPad and get the spotify app. It will offer you a compatible version for iOS 5.1.1. Just don't connect your iPad to your computer during the process and make sure you are signed into the same apple ID as your iTunes account on your computer. You should be all set! 

Good luck!

Suggested posts