Announcements

iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 - Spotify no longer loads

Solved!

iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 - Spotify no longer loads

Regular
Since the last update, Spotify no longer loads. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app and it I get a notice saying you need to download 6.0.0 or would you like an older version. I say yes to the older version. Spotify downloads bit will not start when I "click" on it. Please let me know what can be done. I have been a paying customer for the last 2 years. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 - Spotify no longer loads

Community Legend

Hmmm.......it should have downloaded spotify 0.7.2 which is the most recent compatible version for iOS 5, I think. If it installed but won't run, could you try the steps in this post.

View solution in original post

27 Replies
Solution!

Community Legend

Hmmm.......it should have downloaded spotify 0.7.2 which is the most recent compatible version for iOS 5, I think. If it installed but won't run, could you try the steps in this post.

View solution in original post

Regular
Thank you very much. Issue resolved.

Community Legend

Awesome news and thanks for reportng back 🙂

How can help me ? Same problem, spotify stops running since the last update of 29-11-2013. i have an Ipad 1 with iOS 5.1.1. Is this the end of spotify for me on this device?
Pleas help!

Community Legend

@Wemso wrote:
How can help me ? Same problem, spotify stops running since the last update of 29-11-2013. i have an Ipad 1 with iOS 5.1.1. Is this the end of spotify for me on this device?
Pleas help!

Have you got the app installed or are you having issues getting it from the App Store? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Casual Listener

Same problem. I have been a Spotify Premium subscriber for almost a year and suddenly the app has disappeared from my first generation Ipad. Incredible. New version is not compatible and Itunes has not allowed me to restore the backup version 0.7.6 that until a few days ago worked perfectly. App Store didn't allow me to install a previous version. It just appear on light grey and did't let me re install. Please, help!

Community Legend

This has been escalated as an issue @vidbcn . Hopefully the Spotify guys will be able to fix it soon!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

user-removed
Not applicable
Looks like its been a couple weeks since an update here. I'm having the same problem on my first gen iPad. I'm a paying subscriber to the service for 6 months or so now and am very disappointed with this.

Got Spotify premium as an Xmas present. It won't load on an iPad ver 1 running ios v5.xxx   (current one for that device). Saw from the postings that it's a Spotify problem that hasn't been fixed. Just putting my two cents in. Please fix it.

SUGGESTED POSTS