Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad 2 not syncing playlists

Solved!

iPad 2 not syncing playlists

Installed Spotify on my iPad 2 today, logged in, it recognises my friends but doesn't bring up any of my playlists. iPad is connected on my home wifi (same as laptop and phone). Desktop app recognises when iPhone device is connected, but not iPad. I'm a Spotify free user, so not trying to sync or play offline at all.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you just check that your username shown:
- In the desktop client when you go to Help > Your Account (will open a new page with your username on it)
- And in the "Log Out" button in the iPad > Settings menu
are the same?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Are you definitely logging into the correct account? It's amazingly easy to have two!

It's also worth trying a quick soft reset of the iPad by holding the home and lock buttons together until the Apple logo appears on screen and see if that makes any difference?

Peter

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've only got the one account as far as im aware, I started with the obvious too. It recognises the friends I have listed but not the music or playlists, so got to assume its the right account.

Tried the soft reset, log in log out, shut down, uninstalled then reinstall. All to know avail. Any other suggestions? Apart from creating a new account and readding all my songs :s

Thanks again

Marked as solution

Can you just check that your username shown:
- In the desktop client when you go to Help > Your Account (will open a new page with your username on it)
- And in the "Log Out" button in the iPad > Settings menu
are the same?

Peter

DOH! Well that solves the problem, I was logging in using my email address as the username as I usually do on most secure sites, which brought up my relevant contacts. However logging in using a username which isn't the email (and I didn't realise I had) has brought up the contacts and the playlists.

Ok, I'll admit a stupid mistake on my part. Thanks for your help, good job someone knows what they are doing!

Glad it's sorted! 🙂

Enjoy those tunes!

Peter

Suggested posts