Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

I am no longer able to select songs

I am a premium customer & have been for some time. I am no longer able to select songs from my playlist, I can only listen to songs through shuffle mode? Any idea why this is happening?

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium customer & have been for some time. I am no longer able to select songs from my playlist, I can only listen to songs through shuffle mode? Any idea why this is happening?
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

accidentally deleted app

I just accidentally deleted my app and I was on premium and now I just reinstalled it and all of my playlists are gone and I'm back to a free account. I was just wondering if there was a way I could get my playlists back and get back my premium accou...

• I just accidentally deleted my app and I was on premium and now I just reinstalled it and all of my playlists are gone and I'm back to a free account. I was just wondering if there was a way I could ...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Only previews of songs play on my play list

I have about 10 songs on a play list and Spotify will play the entire thing once and after it starts repeating only about the first 40 or so seconds play of each song. Closing opening the app does not seem to fix the problem...

• Casual Listener
  • I have about 10 songs on a play list and Spotify will play the entire thing once and after it starts repeating only about the first 40 or so seconds play of each song.    Closing openin...
  • jetsetter
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I stop getting updates in my Discover feed from a user I don't follow?

I once followed a playlist from a user. But, then I started getting updates on that user's activity in my Discover feed. I don't want it, though. I'm not interested in what he's listening to, or sharing, or whatever. I don't follow that playlsit anym...

• Casual Listener
  • I once followed a playlist from a user.  But, then I started getting updates on that user's activity in my Discover feed.  I don't want it, though.  I'm not interested in what he's lis...
  • glennonrp
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

2 accounts upgraded wrong one

Hi there I have (accidentally set up at some point) 2 spotify accounts. One linked to Facebook and then one for my username roseyearl. I let my payment lapse last month but now I went on and paid 9.99 for the upgrade to premium for 3 months but I hav...

• Hi there I have (accidentally set up at some point) 2 spotify accounts. One linked to Facebook and then one for my username roseyearl. I let my payment lapse last month but now I went on and paid 9.9...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline and logout

I am going in a trip with no internet connection, I downloaded the music that I want to hear, I set my device to offline mode, what happen if accidentaly I logout spotify, I did some test and I wasn't able to skip the initial login screen to start pl...

• I am going in a trip with no internet connection, I downloaded the music that I want to hear, I set my device to offline mode, what happen if accidentaly I logout spotify, I did some test and I wasn'...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone Data Usage 1GB for only 1-2h...

Spotify is using up all my data usage. Last days it suddenly started to use a extrem amout of data, 1GB for only 1-2h of listening. How is this possible? I used to listen at least 1-2h/day and only used 2-3GB per month up to a couple of days ago.

• Regular
  • Spotify is using up all my data usage. Last days it suddenly started to use a extrem amout of data, 1GB for only 1-2h of listening. How is this possible? I used to listen at least 1-2h/day and only u...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium deactivated

I'm a premium user and I logged into my account in my girlfriends iPhone. Now when I log back on my phone my premium is not activated. I tried logging out of the account on my girlfriends phone and logging out and in on my phone but I can't regain my...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a premium user and I logged into my account in my girlfriends iPhone. Now when I log back on my phone my premium is not activated. I tried logging out of the account on my girlfriends phone and l...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Collections tab disappeared

Hi, I've been really enjoying the collections function on the iPhone (apart from having to create duplicates in playlists if I want to go offline but that's a different matter) however yesterday after logging in with a different account then back in ...

• Regular
  • Hi, I've been really enjoying the collections function on the iPhone (apart from having to create duplicates in playlists if I want to go offline but that's a different matter) however yesterday ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Not recognizing premium on iOS

See title. Been re-installing the app, turning the phone off and on, logging in and out and nothing seems to be working. Premium works fine on my desktop but I don't have any of the premium features on my phone, which I use 95% of the time with Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • See title. Been re-installing the app, turning the phone off and on, logging in and out and nothing seems to be working. Premium works fine on my desktop but I don't have any of the premium features ...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify eating up data and causing overage charges

Hello, I am using the latest version of Spotify on iOS 7 (running on an iPhone 5) with a Premium account and, just this month, it has started to eat up my data like crazy. I have not changed any of my Spotify settings, nor have I used the app any mor...

• Music Fan
  • Hello, I am using the latest version of Spotify on iOS 7 (running on an iPhone 5) with a Premium account and, just this month, it has started to eat up my data like crazy. I have not changed any of m...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Unable to use Filter option in iOS7 when either Offline or WiFi not available.

Hi, I'm using Spotify on my iPhone 5s and the Playlist title bar overlays the filter tab redering it unusable when a message like "offline mode" or "No Internet connection available" is being displayed at the bottom of the screen. Works fine on my an...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I'm using Spotify on my iPhone 5s and the Playlist title bar overlays the filter tab redering it unusable when a message like "offline mode" or "No Internet connection available" is be...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Forgets track position on longer (40+ min) songs

I am having an odd issue where, when I listen to a long track on the iOS Spotify app, and then I pause the song and quit the app, when I reopen the app and resume play, it has gone back to an earlier position in the song (sometimes a 15 to 20-minute ...

• I am having an odd issue where, when I listen to a long track on the iOS Spotify app, and then I pause the song and quit the app, when I reopen the app and resume play, it has gone back to an earlier...
  • robinarmy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Interface / Skin for toddlers

Small children love music, and even toddlers know how to use an iPad or a touch-phone.Would it be possible to create a skin/interface for small children that would allow parents to make playlists for their kids? The interface should be as simple as p...

• Regular
  • Small children love music, and even toddlers know how to use an iPad or a touch-phone.Would it be possible to create a skin/interface for small children that would allow parents to make playlists for...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

using spotify with iPod 4.2.1

hey, i bought premium version but cant install the spotify app via app store. is there a workaround to use the app anyway?...

• Casual Listener
  • hey, i bought premium version but cant install the spotify app via app store.   is there a workaround to use the app anyway?...
  • chrisacn3004
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

My spotify is not working?

I had spotify working for a month now it won't load up. It try's to then just shuts down. Sonetimes it says won't load in offline mode but I am online as my safari working and Facebook etc. I am on an iPhone 5c and pay for spotify premium. Please hel...

• I had spotify working for a month now it won't load up. It try's to then just shuts down. Sonetimes it says won't load in offline mode but I am online as my safari working and Facebook etc. I am on a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sorting Titel in Playlists on iPhone

I have the Problem, that the new Titels saved at last in the Playlist. Why does the new Titel not put on the Top of the Playlist? Thats goes bevore... but not since one Year. There is NO way to play the newest Title in the Playlist.... because there ...

• Music Fan
  • I have the Problem, that the new Titels saved at last in the Playlist. Why does the new Titel not put on the Top of the Playlist? Thats goes bevore... but not since one Year.   There is NO...
  • BikerChuck
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

won't allow me too sync playlist

I have just upgraded and paid for premium. I have gone too sync playlist and it won't do it. I've rebooted my iphone 5 and reinstalled app numerous times and still not joy. Main reason was for this feature. Help please

• I have just upgraded and paid for premium. I have gone too sync playlist and it won't do it. I've rebooted my iphone 5 and reinstalled app numerous times and still not joy. Main reason was for this f...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

album button vanished

My favorite aspect of Spotfy was being able to save albums and then browse them as albums, covers and all. The "album" tab is gone, and the albums now say "save as playlist" rather than "add to albums." Please tell me I'm missing something and this i...

• Casual Listener
  • My favorite aspect of Spotfy was being able to save albums and then browse them as albums, covers and all. The "album" tab is gone, and the albums now say "save as playlist" rather than "add to album...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes