Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad 3 on iOS 6 - Spotify crashes OFTEN & randomly... About to cancel my premium sub. - please help

iPad 3 on iOS 6 - Spotify crashes OFTEN & randomly... About to cancel my premium sub. - please help

I just recently purchased Spotify Premium (within the last 2 months) and have enjoyed the catalogue available but the app on my iPad 3 running the latest version of iOS6 just craps out often and for no apparent reason. Even when in offline mode where no connection is necessary and very few other apps are running, it just dies arbitrarily. I've found no way to actually contact support at Spotify - which is most disappointing considering it's a paid service - save for this community; so I'm hoping someone here can give me some insight or at least someone from Spotify will be watching and pitch in.

I can't believe they offer sample questions/issues but don't provide a way to submit support questions so perhaps I'm just missing the link/button/etc. If they car about their customers that little for real though, bye-bye... not getting my $ anymore.

When the app stops working, a double-tap on the "home" button on my iPad still shows Spotify as an app that can be canceled but it cannot be switched to or otherwise accessed and it has already stopped working. When I restart, it's as if I am starting from a fresh iPad boot - it does not take me back to where I was, etc.; it goes right to the top after going through a login.

Any suggestions?

Also - is there a way to sort the playlist list? It being in order of addition/discovery is far from being conducive to being useful. Surely there's a way to sort entries; right? That would just be idiotic to have entries appear as a random list. Again - user friendliness... come on...

Thanks in advance for any/all help!!
Cheers,
C
1 Reply

Hi.

You can always get in touch with support using the online contact form. As to your issues on the ipad, have you tried restarting it by holding the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears?

If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstallation of the spotify app. Please post the outcome and shout if you still need help.

Suggested posts