Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPad and mp3s

Solved!

iPad and mp3s

I have a jailbroken iPad and I don't own a computer... A friend of mine is in a band and I like a few of his songs and my question is

Can I put the mo3s on my device using ifunbox and put them under the spotify app somehow....

Or can I install spotify on his computer make a playlist then sync it... Then uninstall the program off his computer.... And keep the playlist on my iPad... ?

I'm sorry if I break any of the rules. I know jailbreaking is a bit taboo when it comes to apple devices....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You need to on his computer; the go to Edit>Preferences and get Spotify to index the folder with the .mp3s in so it will appear in local files. Then drag and drop those local files from the 'local files' tab into a new paylist.

Make sure your device is connected eitehr via USb or the same wifi network as the computer and is showing under 'Devices' in Spotify desktop. It should update with the playlist but all the songs will be greyed out.

You can then enable offline mode for that playlist on your iPad and provided it is connected to Spotify desktop the songs should be synced to your iPad and then you can play them offline.

And then yes you can uninstall Spotify from the computer as the songs are now effectively copied to your iPad in an encrypted form.

Please note others can't add your songs to their playlists as they are offline files and not on the Spotify servers.

Hope this helps.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You need to on his computer; the go to Edit>Preferences and get Spotify to index the folder with the .mp3s in so it will appear in local files. Then drag and drop those local files from the 'local files' tab into a new paylist.

Make sure your device is connected eitehr via USb or the same wifi network as the computer and is showing under 'Devices' in Spotify desktop. It should update with the playlist but all the songs will be greyed out.

You can then enable offline mode for that playlist on your iPad and provided it is connected to Spotify desktop the songs should be synced to your iPad and then you can play them offline.

And then yes you can uninstall Spotify from the computer as the songs are now effectively copied to your iPad in an encrypted form.

Please note others can't add your songs to their playlists as they are offline files and not on the Spotify servers.

Hope this helps.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks....

Suggested posts