Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

spotify stops after a minute or so only while playing airplay

Hi, spotify stops playing while playiny on airplay, when it plays normal (not airplay) it works perfect, and it plays all my songs I tried both my iphone 5, ipad 2 and ipod touch 4 my receiver is a pioneer vsx- 2021 It worked before but since I've go...

• Hi,    spotify stops playing while playiny on airplay, when it plays normal (not airplay) it works perfect, and it plays all my songs I tried both my iphone 5, ipad 2 and ipod touch 4...
  • zeristor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Local Files syncs, but doesn't play on iphone

Hi, I have an iphone 4s and an ipad 3. I synced my local files to my iphone and ipad but won't play on my iphone but does on my ipad. No error message either just doesn't play. Streamed music on spotify on both devices plays just fine. Anyone know wh...

• Hi, I have an iphone 4s and an ipad 3.  I synced my local files to my iphone and ipad but won't play on my iphone but does on my ipad.  No error message either just doesn't play.&...
  • MontyChristos
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files are not playing on my iPhone 5 unless i'm connected to my wifi

Hello, I have trawled through some of these threads but found no answers. Ok.. So spotify on my iphone 5 will not play any tracks that I also have in my local files. They appear on my phone but the timer bar below the album art work won't start playi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have trawled through some of these threads but found no answers.    Ok.. So spotify on my iphone 5 will not play any tracks that I also have in my local files. They appear on m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify update 0.6.0.181 ipad

HiI have just updated my iPhone 5 and my ipad to the new version via the App Store and the new interface etc is ok on the iPhone although when installed on my ipad it hasn't changed even though it states new version installed. I even deleted app from...

• Music Fan
  • Hi I have just updated my iPhone 5 and my ipad to the new version via the App Store and the new interface etc is ok on the iPhone although when installed on my ipad it hasn't changed even though i...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone 5 Not Recognizing My Premium Acct

I've tried logging out and back in, uninstalling the app and reinstalling. I've also double checked to make sure my Premium Account was verified. What else can i do? Can someone please help me?

• I've tried logging out and back in, uninstalling the app and reinstalling. I've also double checked to make sure my Premium Account was verified. What else can i do? Can someone please help me?
  • Thedev
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Will any iPhone equalizer app work with Spotify?

The ones in the App store only work with iTunes from what I can tell. If it can only be done within Spotify, any word on that being an upcoming feature? BTW - I did see another message with a link to an 18 month old article on building a iPhone equal...

• Visitor
  • The ones in the App store only work with iTunes from what I can tell.   If it can only be done within Spotify, any word on that being an upcoming feature?   BTW - I did see another mess...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 7 likes

Upgraded to premium account but on my iPhone it says I'm not premium

This is very annoying and frustrating. What's causing this issue and its obvious multiple people have the same problem. How do I fix this

• This is very annoying and frustrating. What's causing this issue and its obvious multiple people have the same problem. How do I fix this
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium not working on my iphone! HELP! ASAP

I recently purchased Spotify Premium to use on my iPhone as I was leaving the house for the gym. Would really like to use it someone please help!

• Regular
  • I recently purchased Spotify Premium to use on my iPhone as I was leaving the house for the gym. Would really like to use it someone please help!
  • Meddle
  • Music Fan
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists won't play, says I need to upgrade even though I'm a premium subscriber.

My payment for this month did not originally go through. I reprocessed my payment, it went thru and I got my receipt. However, when I try to listen to any of my songs it is still saying that I need to upgrade. I've tried logging out and in, restartin...

• Casual Listener
  • My payment for this month did not originally go through. I reprocessed my payment, it went thru and I got my receipt. However, when I try to listen to any of my songs it is still saying that I need t...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Organize songs

How do I reorganize songs in a playlist on the new iOS version (0.6.0181)? Tried the Edit button, but it seems like I only can delete songs from the playlist.

• How do I reorganize songs in a playlist on the new iOS version (0.6.0181)? Tried the Edit button, but it seems like I only can delete songs from the playlist.
  • Foxxstory
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync playlists - disappearing when offline, unsync when back online

Hello, I am abroad for one month and had sync some playlists on my iphone to listen music offline. Obviously, I dont have any wifi or 3G connections during my trip so I set spotify to the offline mode after having synchronized my playlists. However, ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I am abroad for one month and had sync some playlists on my iphone to listen music offline.    Obviously, I dont have any wifi or 3G connections during my trip so I se...
  • BenMartin
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! My premium isn't working

I just bought premium like 20 mins ago and on my app it is saying i dont have premium so I figured give it a few but still nothing what should I do?

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought premium like 20 mins ago and on my app it is saying i dont have premium so I figured give it a few but still nothing what should I do?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

error 408

Hey! I just changed frmo the swedish apstore to the australian one and now my spotify is not working. Do i have to change it back again for spotify to start work again. At the moment it's just telling error 408 every time i try to log on...

• Hey! I just changed frmo the swedish apstore to the australian one and now my spotify is not working. Do i have to change it back again for spotify to start work again. At the moment it's just tell...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Linking Spotify Computer to Iphone App

Hi, I'm not sure if this question has already been answered. I downloaded Spotify IOS4 on my Iphone 3G. I have spotify on my Windows Computer. I launched my Mobile spotify app and noticed i dont have any music from my Spotify on the Computer...My que...

• Hi, I'm not sure if this question has already been answered. I downloaded Spotify IOS4 on my Iphone 3G. I have spotify on my Windows Computer. I launched my Mobile spotify app and noticed i dont have...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Error 408

Hi I am currently in South Africa and have received an Error 408 this morning when trying to use Spotify. It worked great everyday until today. Could you please help with this?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I am currently in South Africa and have received an Error 408 this morning when trying to use Spotify. It worked great everyday until today. Could you please help with this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Bio, Overview, and Related Artists on android but not iphone????

I've been a monthly supscriber for a while now and until today, I thought I couldn't see artist bio, overview and related artists because I was using the app on my iphone (as opposed to my desktop). Today, a friend of mine who also subscribes to spot...

• I've been a monthly supscriber for a while now and until today, I thought I couldn't see artist bio, overview and related artists because I was using the app on my iphone (as opposed to my desktop). ...
  • Mh2187
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont detect iPhone over WiFi

Hey, I have some songs on my Mac and I want to Sync it to my iPhone but when I opened Spotify on my iPhone my Mac wont detect it. I allready re-installed Spotify on my Mac and iPhone, but it still doens't work. What can I do ?

• Regular
  • Hey, I have some songs on my Mac and I want to Sync it to my iPhone but when I opened Spotify on my iPhone my Mac wont detect it. I allready re-installed Spotify on my Mac and iPhone, but it stil...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

queue on the iphone, superiority of rdio feature set and other thoughts from a longtime user

I'm finding the iphone queue to be frustrating and inadequate. First of all you can't see it. Second, it's impossible to clear it. If i queue up 10 songs for a workout but finish before the end of the queue, then try to play an album by clicking that...

• I'm finding the iphone queue to be frustrating and inadequate. First of all you can't see it. Second, it's impossible to clear it. If i queue up 10 songs for a workout but finish before the end of th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes