Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 4S won't Sync via USB

Solved!

iPhone 4S won't Sync via USB

My iPhone 4S won't sync via USB, the cable and the phone work perfectly. Spotify simply won't detect the device.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Be sure to add your vote to this ideas topic:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Allow-iPhones-and-other-phone-devices-to-sync-over-USB...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

58 Replies

Hi Bartonsam7 - The fact that you're using a USB cable could be the issue here. 

Please try again without the cable. Just make sure your mobile and desktop are connected to the same wifi network. 

I'd also take a look this site so you can be sure you're following all the other syncing steps correctly. 

Any plans to add USB sync for iPhones? One of my computers at home doesn't have a WiFi antenna, so I can't sync to Spotify. I have to transfer MP3s to another computer and then to Spotify. This should just be a simple toggle in the software for you guys. 

Just to add some clarification, the computer you are syncing on does not actually have to be on Wi-Fi in order for it to work, they just have to be on the same network.

For example, let's say you have a cable modem connected to a wireless router.  Your desktop computer does not have a wireless adapter, but it is plugged into the wireless router with an ethernet cable.  As long as you connect your iPhone to whichever Wi-Fi network your wireless router is broadcasting, you should be able to sync your iPhone.

I'm on my university network which makes it difficult / very slow. Should it not just work with the USB cable, surely that would be better.

Hello i think its strange u guys havent added for usb sync. I mean i hate wireless cuze it dosent work good enough yet! thats why i use cable. So please fix the problem so we can sync with usb cable its alot easyer faster more secure and "Cheaper" comon just fx it. Im really suprised u guys only made syncing avaible through wifi cuze its a network option not evey1 have. I would have bean suprised "Raging" if u guys only would have made it possible to sync throgh cable cuze thats somthing every1 with a computer can use common really...........................

if synching via USB doesnt work,why does spotify give us the option to do it?
i could synch via WIFI but that takes ages...

I will be canceling my premium account very soon if this isn't rectified. I think if enough of us follow suit and make sure we tell them why they will either have to fix it or at least explain a legal reason why this doens't work. The only time I have to sync is at work and we do not have a wifi connection. I cannont understand why this would be an issue. I even tried setting up and ad hoc wireless network, and that sort of worked for a couple minutes then it didnt. Then I tried bringin my own router in and connecting via that, but hat didn't work. Basically I guess both have to be on wireless interet, not just a wireless network. I do enjoy the service but this is ridonkulous. 

That`s ridiculous.

I bought Premium account so I could listen music on my Iphone!

But it seems like I can`t listen any because Spotify won`t support USB sync mode?

I have Desktop PC at home which is connected to cable and I don't have router,And I`m not going to buy one just for syncing music to my Iphone.

All I can say is that I`m very disappointed,I have no other options to sync music except s**ty WiFi?Well I don't like wifi,its slow,and its s**t.I tried to find any solutions in internet but it only says how to sync your music via same wifi,or any other cr*p..

Is there a solution for this issue yet? I only have hardwired internet so i cannot sync my playlists with my iPhone 4S which makes the app basically usless unelss i want to drain my battery even quicker. Please allow for USB transfer to iPhone Spotify!  ๐Ÿ˜ž

Any luck on this? It's very frustrating...

"Ridonkulous :Used when an event or action is way beyond "ridiculous". Extremely unbelievable." -Urban Dictionary

For me, Spotify is all but useless if I can't sync my iPhone via USB. I don't have enough allowance at home to download much music, and my work PC isn't on the wi-fi network (which is desperately slow and unstable even if it was) All I can do is listen to tracks whilst at my desk. There's no way I'm paying for the service unless they introduce this

I would really like support for this as well...

Why would you want to sync from your PC to your phone even with a cable if you can just sync from online to the phone?

So we can access local files. Spotify's library is expansive but limited when it comes to some artists

My laptop is currently away for repairs so i have no device at home to sync my iphone to. My parents still have dial up so thats out...I'm going on holiday tomorrow and it looks like all I'll be listening to is the wind!

Sort this out! What is so difficult about a Iphone USB sync!?!

I have been an avid supporter of Spotify and love the service but I am having the same issues that most everyone is complaining about. We should have a faster way to sync, a lot of use our phone when we do not have WIFI available to stream songs. The tips provided to sync faster and properly are common sense. 

It would be helpful to know the following: 

1) When will iPhone 4S users have the ability to sync via a cord with faster results (e.g. itunes) 

2) When will iPhone users have the ability to sync faster using WIFI, it's taking 30 seconds and up to 1 minute to sync 1 song on a 10 mbps LAN

Again, I have been very happy with Spotify but this is a crucial part of utilizing the service and a reason for upgrading to premium. 

Hey there,

I will try not to sound like a whiny kid, but now I have indeed two issues with the otherwise quite brillant spotify. And I can't get my head around why these features are not in the app/program already and haven't been updated yet.

It's not possible to sort the playlists, which gets annoying now, since I have around 50 or 60 playlists and looking for older stuff is taking a lot of time. What - in the name of everything that's holy - can be so hard to implement a function to sort playlists by ... let's say ... the alphabet. That would be crazy, I know. But man, would that be cool.

Oh, and of course there's the syncing issue. I too would love to sync my offline files by cable, instead over wifi. And again, I don't really get it. Is it something Apple wants to prohibit? Whatfor? Piracy? I mean, it's still possible to copy each and every stolen mp3 from any computer that is in the same wi-fi-network, so I can't really see the point. So it would be an absolute pleasure to be able to simply plug in the cable and sync my music spotify doesn't offer on to my iPhone.

And it would be great to get more frequent updates or at least news about updates. Hell, you have two accounts from me, keep me informed and spam the hell out of my mailboxes, you fools!

Thanks,

Maik

As I am sure has been previously said - no USB syncing ๐Ÿ˜ž

However, this works on Android:

Tether you device to you PC
Open spotify iOS app
Open spotify desktop app on the devices tab
wait.

Suggested posts