Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 4S won't Sync via USB

Solved!

iPhone 4S won't Sync via USB

My iPhone 4S won't sync via USB, the cable and the phone work perfectly. Spotify simply won't detect the device.

58 Replies

This is indeed very strange. The option is given but it doesn't work. I'm on a pretty slow wifi, and thinking that it should go faster to use the usbcable, but I can't. And why haven't you guys fixed it? The original post was in march this year, and still no change.

There's no "fix" about it! They just simply don't let you update via usb cable. Which is annoying 100's of people and they aren't changing it or providing any feedback.

+1 Would appreciate this basic feature. I have no wifi acces at work so I just can't sync my iPhone.

Has almost rendered Spotify Useless on an iPhone 5 with WIFI issues such as mine. Syncing at 32kb/s really blows..

Wow..this is dissapointing. I was so impressed witth the streaming side of things on my 48 hour trial that I didn't hesitate to sign up a few days ago. But I still haven't managed to sync my local files due to the issues described here. What really concerns me is :

1. That Spotify provide an option to do this - i.e. they give you the impression that it is supposed to work. This thread would seem to suggest that this is downright misleading.

2. That they are not engaging in this thread.

Makes me wonder about what I am getting into here.

JP

This link leads to the spotify ideas page where this idea has been posted as a possible added feature when spotify updates.  To move it up in the list, give it some kudos!  This feature needs to be added as soon as possible

I cannot connect both devices via wifi at work - and this is the main environment I need to do so.    If I can't sync at work I can't really use the premium service as I am never able to sync when I need to. Cannot just be me can it?  Is this likely to get fixed?

come on spotify....make it happen!!!

Hi, did you get this sorted, as I am having the same problem.. 

It f***ing happened again!!  -- I'm so pissed that this hasn't been resolved.  Was wanting to listen to my music, got the message about lack of contact to the mothership for X days, and everything deleted.  Couldn't get a signal where I was (at a gym), so I had no music.  Now I gotta let it play thru 40 hrs of music to reload it.  This is ridiculous.  Spotify people -- fix the damned problem!  I no longer recommend Spotify to any of my friends because of this nasty feature.

Well, I downloaded the update for Spotify on my iPhone, and it brought along with it most of the tracks from my main playlist.  Sweet!

Hey there, I have my computer connected up to my bt hub (wired) because my computer cant go wireless, and my phone is connected up through wireless but still it wont pick my phone up in the devices tab of spotify, would you or anyone know how to solve this issue?

Year, Rdlacket is right. Wifi sucks, I would use my Wifi just for synching with Spotify what I don't wont to when I sit in front of my computer with an ethernet cable.

I'd like to plug my iPhone in via usb, synch Spotify and charge it 😉

GoGoGo!!!

THX

Add me to the list of customers who wants usb sync.
Yesterday I synced approx 300 songs at extreme quality and according to my data usage phone app, was 2.5GB!!!
I want to limit the amount of data flying around my home as I'm getting a little "wifi" paranoid re. health.
Please implement usb syncing.

Marked as solution

Be sure to add your vote to this ideas topic:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Allow-iPhones-and-other-phone-devices-to-sync-over-USB...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks. Done.

I've tried making a computer to computer network mac to iphone to sync local files on spotify, as I am connecte to eduroam at university and it won't let me share the connection as it's 802.1x.

Please can you tell me how to sync my phone with spotify? Thanks. Why doesn't the local one work?

I'm trying not to offend you and anyone who believes in any health related issues that are caused by Wi-Fi...personally I don't believe in that...but really hoping that you at least check a bit into networking specially wifi if you're going to be paranoid about it...mostly as the network is not only active when you're actively sending data, instead it's active all the time...all netowrk devices send messages constantly through the network for various reasons...so if you're that paranoid then you should turn off the wi-fi, although that wouldn't do much as there would still be radio waves bouncing around...just saying...

@rozeboy1 Sorry no one got back to you earlier. Do you still need help with setting up an ad hoc network or did you manage to work it out?

Suggested posts