Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone 6 to car (CMax) bluetooth connection SKIPS - also USB connex does not work - Help??

iPhone 6 to car (CMax) bluetooth connection SKIPS - also USB connex does not work - Help??

iPhone 6 

iOS 11.4.1

Spotify Free version

2015 Ford C-Max 

iPhone connection does not work in two ways:

1) When I plug in to USB connection, car system tells me that there are no readable files

2) When I connect through bluetooth, connection stops and starts like it is skipping, which kind of ruins the music 

2 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Firstly, when you connect your phone to your car, it sounds like it's trying to connect in "iPod Mode", which essentially means it's trying to access the local music stored in your Music app (not Spotify). This means that you can not play Spotify through this means.

In regards to your Bluetooth connectivity issues, have you tried a device restart? It sounds silly, but restarting your iPhone can make quite a difference, especially if it has been on for a long time.

Please refer to this article if you're unsure how to restart your device.

Feel free to reply here if restarting doesn't solve your issues and we can move on to other troubleshooting.

Thanks, have a lovely day!

Thanks very much for the advice.

The USB connector used to work for playing, but I think that you are correct in pointing out that it (the car system) is searching for local files now. Perhaps an issue with the car's software. (?)

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from my phone, and also restarting the phone each time in the car yesterday and today, but the skipping is still happening.

I appreciate any ideas you or others may throw my way.  🙂

Best,

mwHUM

Suggested posts