Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app constantly crashes on iOS 10.0.2 - iPhone 5S

Solved!

iPhone app constantly crashes on iOS 10.0.2 - iPhone 5S

My Spotify app on my iPhone 5S constantly crashes. Literally 4-5 times in an hour sometimes. Whether my phone is locked/unlocked. It's honestly the most frustrating issue ever. I've had the issue for about a month now. I have tried reinstalling the app, restoring my phone, etc. and nothing has worked. Please help, Spotify Community. I am a loyal fan of the service, but I am so tempted to switch streaming services if this doesn't fix soon.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@trentreborn hey there, sorry to hear you're having crashing issues,

here are some troubleshooting steps to try:

• spotify can be RAM intensive at times, so cleaning up the device can often help solve crashing issues.
  • restarting the phone after uninstalling (before you re-install) often resolves crashing issues
  • there could be a local cache corruption, you can reset your offline devices and sign out everywhere here
  • spotify may have issues if it's not updated, or if the ios is much older than the current version

let me know if those steps help!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@trentreborn hey there, sorry to hear you're having crashing issues,

here are some troubleshooting steps to try:

• spotify can be RAM intensive at times, so cleaning up the device can often help solve crashing issues.
  • restarting the phone after uninstalling (before you re-install) often resolves crashing issues
  • there could be a local cache corruption, you can reset your offline devices and sign out everywhere here
  • spotify may have issues if it's not updated, or if the ios is much older than the current version

let me know if those steps help!

I reinstalled the app and updated my iOS, and after 48 hours it hasn't crashed once. So hopefully my issue is resolved. Thank you so much!

@trentreborn brilliant! let me know if it recurs ^_^

Suggested posts