Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Solved!

iPhone app keeps crashing!!!

Just upgraded to Premium and my iPhone app keeps crashing, the minute I log in it's gone. Tried deleting, reinstalling, deleting all my playlists- nothing works!

Very frustrated and wondering what I can do. Recently upgraded to Premium and now even more frustrated as it's worse than when I was using the free version.

COme on spotify!

298 Replies

Solution? Slacker Radio.

Runs great on an iPhone 3G and up. Great unique features, better streaming quality, much superior DJ function, and a slick app interface.

Same tier pricing. I'm in love with it. The Spotify app abortion/poor service was a blessing in disguise.

This doesn't work for me. Crap app. Anyone nows how to export spotify playlists and import them in rdio?

Crashed again.

I am having the same issues. App on my iphone will play a few songs and then just stop playing and read "connecting". phone reception is fine. I'm on version 5.1.1. I waited for the latest update but it doesn't seem to be any better. Usually if I wait a while or literally pick up my phone and move around the room it will start again, but obviously that's not a very good solution. I pay so I can listen at work through my phone (stupid IT won't let me download the computer program) and if it doesn't start working better, it won't be worth paying... and yes, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've restored the phone. Everything else works fine except spotify. Is help coming??? I love the program, but not if it doesn't work.

Marked as solution

Crashed again.

...and again

This thing is making me crazy. Fix the App! I tried everything. Help!

Just to add what I (another user) is experiencing:

iphone 3gs, ios 4. For the past 3 months Spotify has crashed infrequently (once in an evening of listening for 2 or 3 hours). Then from last weekend it has begun to crash every 15 minutes - similar to what many users on this forum are experiencing. Looking for a solution but there seems nothing forthcoming.

Looked up Rdio and while earlier posts (~April 2012) suggested that cost more than Spotify, a visit to the Rdio website now suggests they've re-priced themselves and now cost exactly the same as Spotify. Am going to get the free version and give that app a go. If I'm happy with it after a few weeks, and if there's no movement from Spotify on this crashing issue, I will switch.

Will post an update in about 3 weeks, here.

Spotify app is crashing after two songs on my iphone 3g.

Anyone a solution !!!

There seem to be no solution for this. I don‘t understand why are we not getting any apologies or promises that in the next version everything will work. Just plane silence.

Unless it becomes a huge money loser for them, they're not going to care.

It seems apparent that they're not losing much from this.

They're MAKING A BIG MISTAKE if they think users of 'old' iPods iPhones etc can be fobbed off! There must be a large number of hitherto loyal subscribers looking to upgrade devices in the near future who will think twice about using Spotify again!

New version still crashes on 3GS phones.

(iPhone 4S)  Just installed it to try the new Radio feature.  App crashes constantly every 10 to 15 songs.  Delete!

I have iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.01 and latest version of Spotify app (5.2).

Unlike many others on here I appear to have been lucky in that the frequent crashing that I experienced 2 versions ago (5.0) appears to have been largely resolved by later updates. However I installed latest update of app 2 days ago and tonight noticed a strange but consistent crashing of the app. When in the album search field if a thumbnail of the album cover is not displayed ( i.e. grey circle) and I tap to go into the album it immediately crashes the app. It did this on an album called Cherokee by Rita Coolidge and a compilation album called 20 Beautiful Songs For.....

Can anyone else check this out on their app and tell me if it does the same or whether anything similar has occurred in latest version? I appreciate some users are experiencing far worse crashes than this and believe me I know how frustrating that is. My battery life also seems to be suffering with latest update as reported by other users elsewhere on the forum.

I have an iPhone3G. Spotify App Version 0.4.26. To me it seems as if the number of tracks in a playlist has significance for the possibility of crashing. When I try to play a list consisting of approx. 150 tracks it crashes 100% of time after the first track. A playlist with approx. 25 tracks works 100%.

Downloaded latest spotify (5.2) to iPhone 4s and it now crashes every time I log in with Facebook. If I use the other method it doesn't crash but it has none of my playlists. Very frustrating. I have not downloaded to iPad so that's working fine. How get iPhone back to previous version?

I installed the latest version on my ipod touch and online playlists are crashing constantly.  I did not have this problem on any previous version.

Mine keeps crashing.  I was so fed up that I wiped my iphone and re installed IOS to latest version  the latest spotify version too.

It was good for about 2 days (probably 6 hours of listening), now has reverted back to crashing. Spotify doing bugger all about this.

Everyone that has this issue should contact spotify , and then they might do something about it.

I am gonna start a seperate thread called "Report your crashing spotify iphone app here", so that spotify get an idea of how big the problem is.

Not getting crashes on my big playlist (24,000 tracks) today. I suspect it was having issues with simultaneous syncing and playback.

Suggested posts