Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Share Function

Hey Spotify, The share function is completely unaccessible on my phone (am a premium account). Used to work fine until last week. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,Jack

• Hey Spotify,   The share function is completely unaccessible on my phone (am a premium account). Used to work fine until last week.   Any help would be much appreciated.   Thanks...
  • meganh007
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipad wont keep spotify playing

Good day. As the title says, spotify doesnt keep playing.Whenever i play spotify and switch to other apps, it stops playing after 20-30 secs. After that, it wont play anymore. Even clicking play button, it will just have 2 secs then it will stop agai...

• Casual Listener
  • Good day. As the title says, spotify doesnt keep playing. Whenever i play spotify and switch to other apps, it stops playing after 20-30 secs. After that, it wont play anymore. Even clicking play bu...
  • Jomar-A
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How do I get the iPad to stop downloading songs my mom queued up?

My 87-year-old mom sometimes decides to hit buttons she doesn't understand, so while using Spotify on her iPad yesterday, she hit download several times (thinking it would be better than "saving") and now when she went on Spotify this morning, there'...

• My 87-year-old mom sometimes decides to hit buttons she doesn't understand, so while using Spotify on her iPad yesterday, she hit download several times (thinking it would be better than "saving") an...
  • booknerd
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can I get a 48 hour premium trial still?

I hear all about how everyone gets spotify premium 48 hour trial and everything but I wasn't Given this opportunity and it slightly disturbs me.

• I hear all about how everyone gets spotify premium 48 hour trial and everything but I wasn't Given this opportunity and it slightly disturbs me.
  • buboas-US
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Listen to spotify on a plane? Lies, I tell you!

In preparation for a cross-country airplane ride, I loaded up spotify on my ipod touch with music from my library and put together a bunch of offline playlists. "This is going to be a GREAT 6-hour flight," I thought. Then I turned off my ipod when th...

• Music Fan
  • In preparation for a cross-country airplane ride, I loaded up spotify on my ipod touch with music from my library and put together a bunch of offline playlists.  "This is going to be a GREAT 6-h...
  • erombal
  • 51 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 51 replies
  • 3 likes

Premium & missing playlists

Updated my iPhone and got logged out of my Spotify account. Logged back in and I no longer have premium and all my playlists are missing. How do I fix this?

• Updated my iPhone and got logged out of my Spotify account. Logged back in and I no longer have premium and all my playlists are missing. How do I fix this?
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume Basso

Con l''ultimo aggiornamento il volume con le cuffie è troppo basso. Vi prego di correggere questo bug con il prossimo aggiornamento.

• Con l''ultimo aggiornamento il volume con le cuffie è troppo basso. Vi prego di correggere questo bug con il prossimo aggiornamento.
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Offline music removed

Hey I'm trying to figure it why my offline albums and artists is constantly being unsaved on my phone. Never lasts for more then two weeks. Please advise.

• Hey I'm trying to figure it why my offline albums and artists is constantly being unsaved on my phone. Never lasts for more then two weeks. Please advise.
  • senorbill
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Does anyone know how to stop the sound when you change tracks in locked screen?

I have a iphone 6 and everytime when I am at the gym and I want to change the track when my phone is locked i get this loud "pop" type noise when I change the track. It is absolutely annoying and hurts my ears everytime, might seem petty but it would...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a iphone 6 and everytime when I am at the gym and I want to change the track when my phone is locked i get this loud "pop" type noise when I change the track. It is absolutely annoying and hur...
  • thomastesla88
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Extreme Data Usage Playing Offline Songs

iPhone 6s, newest version of spotify, played 4 downloaded tracks back to back on my device. After resetting cellular usage it showed 9MB of cellular usage. This is unacceptable. Additionaly I have streaming and downloaded quality set to the lowest. I...

• iPhone 6s, newest version of spotify, played 4 downloaded tracks back to back on my device. After resetting cellular usage it showed 9MB of cellular usage. This is unacceptable. Additionaly I have st...
  • dgstng
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify deleting my downloaded playlists

Hello, Whenever I download any playlist, album, or song on Spotify on my iPhone, the app un-downloads the music and makes it offline again. I've tried rebooting the app and my phone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Hello,   Whenever I download any playlist, album, or song on Spotify on my iPhone, the app un-downloads the music and makes it offline again. I've tried rebooting the app and my phone. Any hel...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling same 6 songs...

Hi,I'm having this problem where when I'm shuffling on my phone (in a playlist of almost 400 songs) the duffle function plays the same 5 or 6 songs, in the same order round and round again. It keeps doing this until I quit out of the app and start t ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm having this problem where when I'm shuffling on my phone (in a playlist of almost 400 songs) the duffle function plays the same 5 or 6 songs, in the same order round and round again. It ke...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local file appears but won't download

There are probably a lot of similar questions, but none of the solutions work for me problems nor are the problems exactly mine.So forgive me if this is "yet another one of them sync problems". I'm trying to sync local files to my iPhone but for some...

• Regular
  • There are probably a lot of similar questions, but none of the solutions work for me problems nor are the problems exactly mine. So forgive me if this is "yet another one of them sync problems"...
  • stonekirby
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes
  • local files
  • 12 replies
  • 4 likes

Can't delete a song

I have this song stuck at the bottom of my saved music and I can't get rid of it. It stays there no matter what I try. I've tried to add it to my saved music and remove it and it still stays there. I've done about everything I could think of and it d...

• I have this song stuck at the bottom of my saved music and I can't get rid of it. It stays there no matter what I try. I've tried to add it to my saved music and remove it and it still stays there. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • saved music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Imported Songs not showing up on my iPad

I imported some songs on my pc and put them in a playlist, i can listen to them no problem on my pc but when i go to my iPad the playlist shows up, says it contains songs but when i open it its empty, any advice? Note: I have download the playlist on...

• I imported some songs on my pc and put them in a playlist, i can listen to them no problem on my pc but when i go to my iPad the playlist shows up, says it contains songs but when i open it its empty...
  • joacomarquez11
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone spotify through car by aux cable or usb

I' m trying to use the spotify on car but not always I'm driving one with bluetooh or USB. So can I use it through aux cable? And even when I have the USB port it's not connecting. It does reckognize the phone but doesn't play anything. Is this an ip...

• Casual Listener
  • I' m trying to use the spotify on car but not always I'm driving one with bluetooh or USB. So can I use it through aux cable? And even when I have the USB port it's not connecting. It does reckognize...
  • Nigga9
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in

I've just rejoined Spotify Premium, my account is showing as live but although I've deleted and re loaded the ipad app it won't accept my log in details although I know these are correct!

• I've just rejoined Spotify Premium, my account is showing as live but although I've deleted and re loaded the ipad app it won't accept my log in details although I know these are correct!  
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover art not showing in offline playlist

I have local files that are not on spotify which I have synced to my phone and the cover art doesn's show when I click an indivdual song. It's there on the playlist screen but not on each individual song. How do I get it show on each song?

• I have local files that are not on spotify which I have synced to my phone and the cover art doesn's show when I click an indivdual song. It's there on the playlist screen but not on each individual ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Student discount

I already pay for Spotify premium but need to switch to student premium.

• I already pay for Spotify premium but need to switch to student premium.
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover weekly not updating

I'm wondering why my Discover playlist doesn't update weekly anymore and I have a premium subscription. Makes me sad...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm wondering why my Discover playlist doesn't update weekly anymore and I have a premium subscription. Makes me sad...
  • krispyr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes