Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone: local files don't sync

iPhone: local files don't sync

After moving Spotify (4.0.0) to my new iPhone (6S, iOS 9.0.1) last week my local songs didn't play anymore. No *.mp4, no *.mp3, none of them. They play without any problems on my desktop (Mac, 10.10.5). I had no clue why so I decided to delete and re-install the app. Now my local songs don't even sync anymore. Both, desktop and iPhone use the same WiFi connection. I also tried to connect the iPhone via lightning cable, with no success. The iPhone doesn't show up under devices on the left hand side.

Any solution for this one?

9 Replies

Same issue here.

PC is connected to Apple Access Point via LAN.

iPhone is connected to Apple Access point via WLAN.

I've created an example playlist on my PC with a local mp3 file.

Now I tried to make the playlist "offline available" on my iPhone but the local file does not get transfered to my mobile phone. It is always in status: "Waiting for download".

PC -> Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s plus

I have the exact same issue as you man. Just says its waiting to download even with spotify open on both my computer and the iphone.

I am getting this issue too and have been ever since upgrading to iPhone 6S. There could have been an issue before, perhaps with iOS9, but I had loads of playlists synced so didn't notice then.

Actually some tracks sync, then it stops.

I was having this problem with ios8, and I upgraded phones and now have ios9 and still the same issue. It's evident its been around for a while.

I am having the same exact issues (Waiting to download but nothing is happening). It's started when i updated my iPhone 5 software to 9.0.1. I just updated to 9.0.2 and it still doesn't work.. Someone from Spotify can help us please? 🙂

Spotify, I have the same problem. This is totally unacceptable. Sort this out!

Yet another person with the same problem... Please fix ASAP Spotify!

I have the exact same problem. Songs appear like they should play (not greyed out) and they're even songs I had saved ON Spotify. It's not like Spotify couldn't play these songs if they wanted to. they just don't work anymore. I have an iPhone 6S and am on 9.0.2. Please fix ASAP!

Suggested posts