Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod 6th Gen will NOT connect to Spotify.

Solved!

iPod 6th Gen will NOT connect to Spotify.

I just received the new iPod nano (6th gen) today and along with I got a spotify gift card... When I went to connect my iPod to Spotify it simply would not connect. I know I can connect nanos with spotify because I have done it before. I have restored and updated the iPod. Made sure Spotify was up to date. Spotify Version: o.8.5.1333.g822e0de8 Mac OS X 10.7.5 iPod Version 6g 1.0.2

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Not that I am currently aware off.

I will ask around and see if I can get some more information for you, however, as it is the christmas period, it might take a few days. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

33 Replies

Is that one with the new lightning connector?

If so, there is currently a known issue connecting those devices.

Peter

Peter

Yes. Is there any fix for it?
Marked as solution

Not that I am currently aware off.

I will ask around and see if I can get some more information for you, however, as it is the christmas period, it might take a few days. 

Peter

Peter

Ok. Thank you so much 😃

Just had the same problem.

*eagerly awaiting the news*

Thanks in advance

Same problem here?

Any news on the fix?

Hey guys. Not aware of any way of getting this working just yet. I'll see what I can dig up for you. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I've got the 7th generation and having the same problem.

Same problem...

Also having the same problem with 7th generation ipod. 

is there any news? I bought the ipod  for running with spotify....

me too! here's hoping it's supported soon. can't wait to get spotify working on my new nano 🙂 then i can be totally itunes-free! (well pretty much anyway). 

Any news here? The newest iPod Nano (7th generation) is also not working. I tried it with the latest Linux and Windows client.

It's frustrating buying a device what seems to be supported (like mentioned on https://www.spotify.com/at/blog/archives/2011/05/04/spotify-says-hello-to-the-ipod/) and then it's not working.

Hello,

As stated over on the first page, there seems to be a problem when it comes to connecting devices with the new "Lightning" connector. Sadly, we don't have an update on this as of yet - As soon as I hear anything, I'll try and let you know. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

could it be a solution if you use the 'transfer' connector with the old connector? I dont have one, it is €30 in the store.

is there anyone who had tried this?

Same problem...

Same issue here. I have tried it with the connector and the old cable and that doesn;t work either.

Would love a fix for this soon. Kinda makes the switch from iTunes to Spotify Premium not quite worth it.

David,

I was hoping to use the one month free trail to see if it could work with my Ipod.

Unfortunately this period is almost over and I still cannot synchronise it.

I will not continue my subscription if this problem is not solved, and I think I'm not the only one.

When can we expect a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Maarten

@Macrian wrote:

David,

I was hoping to use the one month free trail to see if it could work with my Ipod.

Unfortunately this period is almost over and I still cannot synchronise it.

I will not continue my subscription if this problem is not solved, and I think I'm not the only one.

When can we expect a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Maarten

Hey! 🙂 

What type of iPod are you using?

If its an iPod Touch, you just need to download the Spotify application from the App store and your flying. 

If you are wanting to use an iPod nano/classic/shuffle then having a premium subscription (or trial) makes no real difference, as you can only sync local files that you have purchased and therefore own to those devices, and not content from the Spotify library seeing how they don't support the Spotify application. 

Peter

Peter

Peter,

I am using the Nano, thanks for explaining the difference.

I guess I don't need a premium subscription then.

Maarten

Suggested posts