Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Classic causing Spotify to crash

Solved!

iPod Classic causing Spotify to crash

I've been syncing my 80gb iPod Classic through Spotify for months already, but i decided to redo all of my playlists (local music only) and figured that factory resetting my iPod would be best in order to make sure there wouldn't be any problems with fragmented files or anything. After the reset, I open Spotify with no problems, but when i plug in my iPod, it shows it under the Devices list for a second and then Spotify crashes. I tried opening it back up with my iPod still plugged in, and it crashes upon opening. After a few tests of my own, I've determined that if I leave my iPod unplugged from my laptop, Spotify has no problems at all, but the second it's plugged in, all hell breaks loose. Any idea what the problem could be?

68 Replies

@renzo_zapta This works! Thanks!

However, I still have a problem. When I try to Manually choose playlists to sync and deselct Local Files, it crashes.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

I don't know why this worked, or how long I have to leave H/W acceleration off for, but it seems to have stopped Spotify from crashing when I connect my iPod.

Hey all,
I was just having this issue too but after reading few topic I realised one that worked for me:
I syncronizedone song from itunes to my Ipod....
After that I let the Spotify synchronizing the playlist that I wanted.
It is very important not to stay at the synchronization folder while synchronizing
Hope this works for you...
I don`t know if it is lucky, but worked with me

Hey all,
I was just having this issue too but after reading few topic I realised one that worked for me:
I syncronizedone song from itunes to my Ipod....
After that I let the Spotify synchronizing the playlist that I wanted.
It is very important not to stay at the synchronization folder while synchronizing
Hope this works for you...
I don`t know if it is lucky, but worked with me

@Peter wrote:

Okay, few more suggestions you can try. 

Be sure you are running Spotify as administraor, you can do this normally by right clicking on the Spotify icon on your desktop and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Although its unlikely to be having an effect, untick the "Enable Hardware Acceleration" option in the Preferences menu in Spotify.

Peter

Not working... Any other suggestion?

To anyone having issues, try stopping the iPod service. On Windows 7 or 8, open up the Start Menu or Metro and just start typing "Services".  Then find "iPod service" .  Note, not sure if this will make a difference or not but in iTunes, I changed my iPod settings to disable everything underneath Options and only left "Enable disk use" selected. See attached image.

please fix this! its been a year and a half since this issue was raised in this thread.

im a paying subscriber and really would like to see a solution so i can use my 80G Ipod.

keep pushing!

Worked perfectly for me!! Thank you!!

Thank you for suggesting this method, it really works. Seems like the sync through itunes fixes some issues and allows spotify to sync.

Suggested posts