Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod Touch v6.1 iOS - Spotify not working

iPod Touch v6.1 iOS - Spotify not working

Hi - I am a premium subscriber, however since 4/2/13 I have been intermittently suffering with problems on my iPod Touch, v6.1 iOS.  Since 10/2/13 I have been completely unable to use Spotify on this device.  (FYI - this is a wifi device.)

After launching the app, it freezes immediately and closes down automatically, between 20secs - 40secs after launching.  Before it freezes, it starts to sync, but never completes and starts syncing from the start, everytime the app is subsequently launched, indicating it is not making progress with syncing tracks.

In addition to this, yesterday I reported a problem with my desktop Spotify, to Customer Services.  It appears to be full of bugs, and error messages, none of which are listed within the Spotify Help Section.  However, I have yet to receive a reponse from Spotify, aside of the automated acknowledgement.

Please can someone offer assistance.

Thanks, sath

12 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

First thing I would suggest is you follow all of the troubleshooting steps in the iOS troubleshooting topic and see if that can get Spotify up and running on your iOS device again. 

As for the desktop, what error messages are you getting? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello Peter

Thanks for your response. I am in the process of removing and reinstalling the app on my iPod Touch.

With regard to the desktop app, there are aprox 40 different error messages delivered by a series of pop up windows before a corrupted version of the Spotify branded box, which requests username / password appears.  

I can't list all the details of all these error messages (there are aprox 40) however, in brief non-sensical words like this appear: "unable to apply rule; mouseover; mousedown; focused....".  I have taken screen grabs of 5 of the error messages and saved them in a Word document, to illustrate clearly some of the problems I am experiencing.

In addition to this, random ampersands are appearing in the main navigation bar of Spotify, if it manages to launch in some form, eg "&Edit; Cu&t"

Do you have an email address I can forward the doc to?

Thanks, sath

It sounds like a serious error if you are getting so many pop ups. 

I don't work for Spotify, but I will escalate this topic to the community staff to continue troubleshooting you with you. 

Peter

Peter

Hello.

Those desktop issues you state are somewhat concerning. I'd be interested to see the screenshots you took - You can upload the photo files right onto this community if you want all of us to take a look for you.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi - thanks for your response.  I have tried to upload the screen grabs I have however it seems a Word document is not compatible with the Forum's upload tool nor can I convert the screengrabs into image files.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks

I imagine you're trying to capture the images on a Windows PC, correct? Any image format would be best for this kind of thing. How did you get the Screenshots in the first place? Did you paste them into Paint first?

If not, try the following.

* Press "Print Screen" on your keyboard
* Head into Paint and press "Ctrl+V" on your keyboard
* Screenshot should appear on the screen. Save it as an image file, and then you should be able to upload it here.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi - thanks for your advice.  See below for the screengrabs, as detailed previoiusly.

SPOT 1.jpgSPOT 3.jpgSPOT 4.jpgSPOT 5.jpgSPOT 6.jpgSPOT 2.jpg

Sadly, I can't see those screenshots too well. But I might have a solution for you. You might need to install Flash

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi - thanks for your mail.  I already have the most up to date Flash player installed.

Any further ideas on how we can make progress on these bizarre problems?

Thanks,

Hi - 

Issue no 1 - problems with my iPod Touch have been resolved.  I removed the app, deleted history andf cokies, and re-installed and it seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

Issue no 2 - desktop problems, still ongoing. I appreciate the screengrabs cannot be seen, so I see below for a transcript of the first error message:

" Unable to apply rule: 'light'¦light,selected,!focused' on bitmap 'MainlistShareIcon' "

Spotify has just been in contact and has recommended I re-install so I'm going to give that a try.

Thanks for your assistance

I am having exactly the same error message. I have tried to re-install spotify and I still get the same error message. Please advise.

@dsparks wrote:

I am having exactly the same error message. I have tried to re-install spotify and I still get the same error message. Please advise.

Hey @dsparks 🙂 

What device are you getting this issue on? And what is the exact error message? 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts