Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPod no longer detected [Windows Client]

Solved!

iPod no longer detected [Windows Client]

Yeah, as the title says:
Spotify on Windows does no longer detect my iPod anymore. It's an iPod Touch 5th gen(I think), it used to get detected when I used USB before, but now it no longer does, wich is wierd, since I've not installed any new software on the iPod, the router settings should be untouched, unless my mom suddenly mutated from a "technological cavewoman" overnight... I do have the newest Spotify for PC and iOS and it worked last week... I don't know if it used to use WiFi or USB before, but I do know my iDevices never showed up in the "Devices" section without an USB connection.
So yeah, please help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The ipod touch is synched over wifi just like an iphone. It will not synch over USB. The instructions for synching local files are the same as for the iphone here.

If it isn't showing under "devices" with spotify running on the ipod, something is blocking communication. Things to check are:

• Temporarily disable any firewalls, andtivirus and other security software on your PC
  • Check that UPnP is enabled on the router
  • If your PC is wired rather than using wifi, it needs to be connected to the router, not the modem if you have both

If the ipod still doesn't show under devices, power off your router, PC and ipod then power them back on in the same order. Don't power up the ipod until the PC has finished booting and spotify is up and running. Let me know how this works out for you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

The ipod touch is synched over wifi just like an iphone. It will not synch over USB. The instructions for synching local files are the same as for the iphone here.

If it isn't showing under "devices" with spotify running on the ipod, something is blocking communication. Things to check are:

• Temporarily disable any firewalls, andtivirus and other security software on your PC
  • Check that UPnP is enabled on the router
  • If your PC is wired rather than using wifi, it needs to be connected to the router, not the modem if you have both

If the ipod still doesn't show under devices, power off your router, PC and ipod then power them back on in the same order. Don't power up the ipod until the PC has finished booting and spotify is up and running. Let me know how this works out for you.

Wierd, disabling Firewall fixed it, but why does my firewall block Spotify now, and not last week?
Also, how come my devices don't show up in spotify until I've connected them through USB?

EDIT:
Just remembered that I had to update my FW software from 2013 to 2014 through an uninstall and such, it appears to have reset my network list, sorry about that ^_^"
But I am still wondering why they don't show up until I've connected them through USB.

Suggested posts