Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iPhone 4 iOS 7 issues

Hi, I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 7 and Spotify sometimes freezes for like 2-3 secs, doesn't sound long but it does get annoying, but that mite be a OS thing, the second issue is that it crashes and jut goes to my home screen, again maybe a OS issue.Th...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 7 and Spotify sometimes freezes for like 2-3 secs, doesn't sound long but it does get annoying, but that mite be a OS thing, the second issue is that it crashes and ju...
  • jt77
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Fast way to start menu!

Hello! Is there a way to get to the startmenu in one click? (I'm on an iPhone) When you "travel" down in the structure you can get several steps from the startmenu and as I see you must click every step back! If I am right about this I really would l...

• Regular
  • Hello!   Is there a way to get to the startmenu in one click?  (I'm on an iPhone)   When you "travel" down in the structure you can get several steps from the startmenu and as ...
  • umekolle
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Star Feature Issues

Do you need to go into the playlist "starred music" just to "unstar" a song?!?!?...or basically delete the song to have the same function as to what you used to be able to do in the pop-up menu window for each song. Seems like a lot of work to have t...

• Regular
  • Do you need to go into the playlist "starred music" just to "unstar" a song?!?!?...or basically delete the song to have the same function as to what you used to be able to do in the pop-up menu windo...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

New Save Feature Makes No Sense (replaces star feature?!?!)

Do you need to go into the playlist "starred music" just to "unstar" a song?!?!?...or basically delete the song to have the same function as to what you used to be able to do in the pop-up menu window for each song. Seems like a lot of work to have t...

• Regular
  • Do you need to go into the playlist "starred music" just to "unstar" a song?!?!?...or basically delete the song to have the same function as to what you used to be able to do in the pop-up menu windo...
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 11 likes

Since 1.0.0.3251 Spotify is using a lot of bandwidth on iOS

This month I am burning through my allotted bandwidth a lot faster than usual, and after some investigation I found out that it is caused by Spotify. In 1.5 hours listening to locally stored music it burned through 20 mb. When things continue this wa...

• Casual Listener
  • This month I am burning through my allotted bandwidth a lot faster than usual, and after some investigation I found out that it is caused by Spotify. In 1.5 hours listening to locally stored music it...
  • kungfoo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone not Showing in Devices

Hi, I just got an iPhone 5s (the 16GB version) and no matter what I do, I can't get it to show up in devices. My Win 7 PC is connected via LAN to the network, and my iPhone is on the routers wifi network. I've tried restarting, etc, and the firewall ...

• Regular
  • Hi,    I just got an iPhone 5s (the 16GB version) and no matter what I do, I can't get it to show up in devices. My Win 7 PC is connected via LAN to the network, and my iPhone is on the...
  • Meckir
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

The new IOS Update is unusable. Let's cancel our service en masse / post here!

I'll make this fast Spotify... I've been with you for years and this is the WORST update you have ever released. The app is now unusably slow, lags constantly, and crashes. It feels like I am using that garbage app Rhapsody by RealNetworks. Do you kn...

• I'll make this fast Spotify...   I've been with you for years and this is the WORST update you have ever released.  The app is now unusably slow, lags constantly, and crashes.  &...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Current Playlist Wiped Out

Version: 1.0.0.3251 Device: iPod Touch 5 Whenever the app is unable to connect, even in offline mode, the app wipes out the current playlist. The app should always remember the order of the playlist regardless of connection state. Especially when in ...

• Casual Listener
  • Version: 1.0.0.3251 Device: iPod Touch 5   Whenever the app is unable to connect, even in offline mode, the app wipes out the current playlist.   The app should always remember th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't queue songs and the app doesn't change songs fast enough.

Hi! I can't queue songs most of the time.. It just says that this track is currently unavailable.And another thing that sucks is when you want to change track and it takes atleast 5-10 seconds for it to react...

• Hi! I can't queue songs most of the time.. It just says that this track is currently unavailable. And another thing that sucks is when you want to change track and it takes atleast 5-10 seconds for ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help! - Some songs won't play.

Some songs on my mobile version haven't been playing. It says they are playing and the time indicator will move to about five seconds or so and then just go back to the beginning even when that happens no sound plays. I deleted some of my playlist an...

• Some songs on my mobile version haven't been playing. It says they are playing and the time indicator will move to about five seconds or so and then just go back to the beginning even when that happe...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone - All my previously synced songs are not synced anymore except for 2

I had over 400 songs synced to a playlist on my iPhone, when I went to used it the other day they were all not synced except for 2 but they are all still synced on my MacBook Air. When I go into my phone and I'm on the playlist interface the big load...

• I had over 400 songs synced to a playlist on my iPhone, when I went to used it the other day they were all not synced except for 2 but they are all still synced on my MacBook Air. When I go into my p...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Version 1.0 - YIKES

This is one of those times I wish I hadn't had automatic updates on my iPhone turned on. While I was impressed with the overall appearance of the 1.0 update, the performance was the worst of any previous update, and I wish I could go back. Just to na...

• Gig Goer
  • This is one of those times I wish I hadn't had automatic updates on my iPhone turned on. While I was impressed with the overall appearance of the 1.0 update, the performance was the worst of any prev...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Queue does not work after new iOS update

Basically; I cannot queue any songs in my playlists on my iPhone 5S after your new update the other day.. I've looked for a new update in the App Store that could be the solution, but there is none. What do I do about this? One of the main reasons I ...

• Basically; I cannot queue any songs in my playlists on my iPhone 5S after your new update the other day..   I've looked for a new update in the App Store that could be the solution, but ther...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle play is repeating the same songs again

I have a 400 song playlist that has 26 hours worth of music. I listened to it on two different occasions today for a total of 2 hours. I heard 2 songs repeat themselves. How is it that a 26 hour playlist is repeating songs within 2 hours? Shuffle pla...

• Roadie
  • I have a 400 song playlist that has 26 hours worth of music. I listened to it on two different occasions today for a total of 2 hours. I heard 2 songs repeat themselves. How is it that a 26 hour play...
  • nonstopdigital
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Design offline sync playlists issue?

Hi! I've an Spotify on Nexus 4 (Android) and on iPod Touch 5g. I use the iPod in my car mainly and notice since the new design a major change how the offline sync playlists are displayed. See image in attach. Android is nicly seperate between sync of...

• Music Fan
  • Hi!   I've an Spotify on Nexus 4 (Android) and on iPod Touch 5g. I use the iPod in my car mainly and notice since the new design a major change how the offline sync playlists are displayed...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    ipod
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

New Ranking System Needed

I enjoyed the old system of starring songs and now that seems to be gone. In a perfect world I'd like 3 options I could give a song. The symbols are irrelevant but an example could be faces. Smiley Face - I liked the song (easy way to find all the tr...

• I enjoyed the old system of starring songs and now that seems to be gone.    In a perfect world I'd like 3 options I could give a song. The symbols are irrelevant but an example could b...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

syncing issues - iPhone and desktop app

How come the songs i play on my iPhone don't sync to my "history" on the desktop app? Similarly, songs I add to my queue from my iPhone are not showing up in my queue...

• Casual Listener
  • How come the songs i play on my iPhone don't sync to my "history" on the desktop app?     Similarly, songs I add to my queue from my iPhone are not showing up in my queue...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone vs. computer

Is there any way to keep playlists on my computer but not have them sync automatically to my phone? It takes up too much space and I don't know how to delete playlists/songs without them deleting from my phone automatically. thanks

• Is there any way to keep playlists on my computer but not have them sync automatically to my phone? It takes up too much space and I don't know how to delete playlists/songs without them deleting f...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New design

Hi, I recently updated Spotify on my iPhone to the newest version (black design), but I do not see how I can access the "Your Music" option that were shown in the advertising video. Am I missing something? or is it still in roll-out? Thanks.

• Roadie
  • Hi, I recently updated Spotify on my iPhone to the newest version (black design), but I do not see how I can access the "Your Music" option that were shown in the advertising video. Am I missing some...
  • Rodneysanchez
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! When do I get acces to Your Music

Hi! I've filled out the form for Your Music a few days ago, but it won't appear. What am I doing wrong? Felix

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   I've filled out the form for Your Music a few days ago, but it won't appear. What am I doing wrong?     Felix
  • Felix5
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes