Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Slow offline song play

Has anyone else noticved that since the v1.0.0 update that Spotify is extremely slow and unresponsive? I have an iPhone 5 that is fully up to date with 10GB of space free and I often listen to my offline music (playlists etc) and since the update it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Has anyone else noticved that since the v1.0.0 update that Spotify is extremely slow and unresponsive?    I have an iPhone 5 that is fully up to date with 10GB of space free and I often...
  • JohnManly
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New iOS App Suggestions

Please increase the size of the (...) button and next or previous track buttons. It is to hard to hit them now, especially with a lifeproof on the phone. Also if you could bring back the ability to just hit the album art to bring up the options to st...

• Regular
  • Please increase the size of the (...) button and next or previous track buttons. It is to hard to hit them now, especially with a lifeproof on the phone. Also if you could bring back the ability to j...
  • JohnManly
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Latest Spotify Update Makes Spotify Incredible Slow/Prone to Crashing

I, as I always have, update my Spotify app on my iPod with regularity. And while the new Spotify is nice to look at, it is incredibly slow. The baseline is still the same, the only change is the UPDATE. I press buttons (next song, setting, playlist, ...

• Casual Listener
  • I, as I always have, update my Spotify app on my iPod with regularity.  And while the new Spotify is nice to look at, it is incredibly slow.   The baseline is still the same, the only c...
  • Groffia
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

New Release Breaks Yamaha Amp Airplay

Seriously what on earth were you thinking with this latest iOS release? Everything was perfectly stable before now I can't use the most critical feature of all notably Spotify Connect to my Yamaha Rx475 amp via airplay.Whoever was in charge of releas...

• Visitor
  • Seriously what on earth were you thinking with this latest iOS release? Everything was perfectly stable before now I can't use the most critical feature of all notably Spotify Connect to my Yamaha Rx...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Not able to sync my playlist for offline

I had spotify a year ago on the same phone and it won't work now. Every time I try it does like two songs from a playlist and never finishes. Please help me I need music to live lol!!!! No serious though

• I had spotify a year ago on the same phone and it won't work now. Every time I try it does like two songs from a playlist and never finishes. Please help me I need music to live lol!!!! No serious th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

New version of spotify

I recently upgraded to the newest version of spotify on my iphone 5 and hate it, anyway I can download the older version?

• Casual Listener
  • I recently upgraded to the newest version of spotify on my iphone 5 and hate it, anyway I can download the older version?
  • sosolikelove
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

spotify lags on my local files synced to offline

When my ipod is switched to offline and try to play local file playlist it have huge problems with that. mostly freezes screen for 5 to 10 seconds if i want to change track or change playlist. this happen only when im offline and mostly on playlists ...

• Regular
  • When my ipod is switched to offline and try to play local file playlist it have huge problems with that. mostly freezes screen for 5 to 10 seconds if i want to change track or change playlist. this h...
  • berud
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod

I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod when I go to select the playlist Spotify automatically closes and I can not sync my playlist how do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod  when I go to select the playlist Spotify automatically closes and I can not sync my playlist how do I fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All music gone???

Recently got a new iPhone with premium spotify but when logging in I can only view and listen to my playlists. Why can't I see my 'your music' tab?

• Regular
  • Recently got a new iPhone with premium spotify but when logging in I can only view and listen to my playlists. Why can't I see my 'your music' tab? 😞
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing problems.

I added some new songs to my playlists today and they started syncing fine but all of a sudden it' stopped and nothing will sync now, I've shut spotify off and back on again, I've even changed my internet connection but to no avail. I think it may be...

• Casual Listener
  • I added some new songs to my playlists today and they started syncing fine but all of a sudden it' stopped and nothing will sync now, I've shut spotify off and back on again, I've even changed my int...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Extracting tracks to playlist when being offline. Version 1.0.0.3251 iOS 7

Hey, When I'm offline I can't extract a track to a playlist. Is this my fault somehow, am I doing something wrong? Or this is just another ridiculous change that new iOS version has brought?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, When I'm offline I can't extract a track to a playlist. Is this my fault somehow, am I doing something wrong? Or this is just another ridiculous change that new iOS version has brought? &nbs...
  • Bensamims
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

View and edit play queue on iPhone

Hi there After the redesign, is there finally the possibility to see (and edit) the play queue or is that still missing? Cheers bc

• Hi there   After the redesign, is there finally the possibility to see (and edit) the play queue or is that still missing?   Cheers   bc
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify bug new update

The new update looks good, but the new update doens't work for me (iphone user). The images often dont load, en if i want to play the next song it takes way to long time. Olso it shuts down if i clik multiple buttons.

• Casual Listener
  • The new update looks good, but the new update doens't work for me (iphone user). The images often dont load, en if i want to play the next song it takes way to long time. Olso it shuts down if i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync my iphone 4 with Spotify

So I have followed all the directions under the help page for syncing iPhones to Spotify to put my music onto the app, but it doesn't work. It's not showing up under the devices page on the computer app, so I have no clue what to do. I am on the same...

• So I have followed all the directions under the help page for syncing iPhones to Spotify to put my music onto the app, but it doesn't work. It's not showing up under the devices page on the computer ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod

I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod when I go to select the playlist Spotify automatically closes and I can not sync my playlist how do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • I can not select the playlist to sync with my ipod when I go to select the playlist Spotify automatically closes and I can not sync my playlist how do I fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Have new app but not "your music"

I'm a relatively new subscriber (three months or so) and the one thing I have never understood is the lack of a feature to collect albums etc. I therefore have tonnes of playlists and it's quite annoying.From what I understand, if I'm correct, this f...

• Music Fan
  • I'm a relatively new subscriber (three months or so) and the one thing I have never understood is the lack of a feature to collect albums etc. I therefore have tonnes of playlists and it's quite ann...
  • AndrewMog
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on I Pad

I am a Spotify Premium customer and have used on various devices from tablets to phones. I now have I pad Air and have followed instructions on how to download playlists to listen offline but do not have the "button" available to do it. I am also get...

• I am a Spotify Premium customer and have used on various devices from tablets to phones. I now have I pad Air and have followed instructions on how to download playlists to listen offline but do not ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

new iphone alterations to spotify

Hi, One of the features I use every single day in Spotify is the 'add to' feature. When I'm listening to a song as I'm out and about, I regularly think 'ooh, that'd go well on my yoga playlist, or my party playlist' and then click on 'add to' and cho...

• Hi, One of the features I use every single day in Spotify is the 'add to' feature. When I'm listening to a song as I'm out and about, I regularly think 'ooh, that'd go well on my yoga playlist, or ...
  • tchan1
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Use Shuffle-> Choose any song -> back to Shuffle

Hi, i have a little doubt about the suffle mode in the iOS app. When I use shuffle mode, is perfect.. everything works fine... but then sometimes I like to choose any song, but the problem is that after this song.. the shuffle mode is out, and the ne...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi, i have a little doubt about the suffle mode in the iOS app. When I use shuffle mode, is perfect.. everything works fine... but then sometimes I like to choose any song, but the problem is tha...
  • juanoouu
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working on iPhone

Whenever I try an do anything (like search a song), I get a message popping up saying "an error occurred" with a button that says "try again". It's been doing this for 12+ hours. I've reinstalled many times. My playlists are also not syncing. I've ha...

• Whenever I try an do anything (like search a song), I get a message popping up saying "an error occurred" with a button that says "try again". It's been doing this for 12+ hours. I've reinstalled man...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes