Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ipod Shuffle

Solved!

Ipod Shuffle

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@mattsanoodle

I understand what you're trying to say.. But no, it doesn't happen that way.

Yes, you are able to copy your current songs from your spotify playlist (PROVIDED THAT YOU HAVE THOSE MP3 FILES IN YOUR COMPUTER), if not, it will not get copied over.

So essentially, with the iPod Nano, Shuffle, Classic, the Spotify Desktop app essentially becomes like a "My Computer" tool to transfer music.. except that its much prettier.

You will be able to get the full features of Spotify on a iPod Touch though.

PS: If you have an iPod Shuffle, just give a try and you will get what i'm trying to say!

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@jeremygoh wrote:

@mattsanoodle

Yes, you are able to copy your current songs from your spotify playlist (PROVIDED THAT YOU HAVE THOSE MP3 FILES IN YOUR COMPUTER), if not, it will not get copied over.

So essentially, with the iPod Nano, Shuffle, Classic, the Spotify Desktop app essentially becomes like a "My Computer" tool to transfer music.. except that its much prettier.

PS: If you have an iPod Shuffle, just give a try and you will get what i'm trying to say!

Ah I see, I don't have an ipod shuffle yet, so I wanted to ask before I purchased one, thanks!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello @mattsanoodle Welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you would like to play your Spotify playlists on the iPod series, the only device it will work is the iPod Touch (btw Apple just dropped the price yesterday to $199, or you can always get refurbished, or a cheap android device)..

The iPod Shuffle, Nano, Classic will work on Spotify as a MP3 Music Manager, which means (Literally) you copy your MP3s in Spotify and it will copy over to your iPod Shuffle, Nano or Classic.. Which means you will NOT have access to Spotify's extensive music catalogue or any features at all.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

@Thanks @jeremygoh for the quick reply jeremy! Regarding the iPod shuffle, when you say "copy your MP3s in spotify. 

Does this mean when I drag the songs from my spotify  playlist to the iPod, it would be playable through the ipod shuffle?

In short, I am just looking to play the current songs on my spotify playlist, no need for other spotify features.

( Reason: Would like to listen to songs while running outside) 

Hope this all makes sense... Thanks!

-Matt

@jeremygoh wrote:
Hello @mattsanoodle Welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you would like to play your Spotify playlists on the iPod series, the only device it will work is the iPod Touch (btw Apple just dropped the price yesterday to $199, or you can always get refurbished, or a cheap android device)..

The iPod Shuffle, Nano, Classic will work on Spotify as a MP3 Music Manager, which means (Literally) you copy your MP3s in Spotify and it will copy over to your iPod Shuffle, Nano or Classic.. Which means you will NOT have access to Spotify's extensive music catalogue or any features at all.

Marked as solution

@mattsanoodle

I'm here to shuffle!

Marked as solution

@jeremygoh wrote:

@mattsanoodle

Ah I see, I don't have an ipod shuffle yet, so I wanted to ask before I purchased one, thanks!!

@mattsanoodle If you want to use an iPod Shuffle for Spotify, its an unwise decision.

Read this for more info ok:
https://support.spotify.com/se/learn-more/guides/#!/article/How-to-sync-iPod-with-Spotify

You can only transfer LOCAL FILES - which means songs you already have in your computer to the iPod. @mattsanoodle
I'm here to shuffle!

Suggested posts