Premium

Country

United Kingdom 

Device

iPhone 8 

Operating System

ios 14

My Question or Issue

i have 10 000 + songs in my “liked songs” and i can not play them directly / even use shuffle play. 

i’m not sure why, maybe cause my library is too large? idk but it’s annoying cause sometimes i just wanna play from my library without using playlists and i can’t 

i searched for solutions before but they were all about updating the app and i just updated again today and it’s still the same

14 Replies

Hey @s_6i71j-30vsh

Help’s here!

Just to confirm, do you still experience this after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iOS device? This will remove corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the issue. 

In case this persists, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Do you have a solution that would work for web player by any chance

Hi @Aaron59,

Thanks for the post. 

Are you having trouble playing your Liked songs? Let us know what device this is happening on.

We'll do our best to help.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is happening on a dell precision 3560 laptop

It's also on web player if that helps

Hey @Aaron59,

Thanks for sharing the device info.

Are you using the desktop app on your PC or only the web player?

If you're using the desktop app, could you perform a clean reinstall as described here and make sure to install the version from the Microsoft store, if you haven't already?

If you're using the web player, could you try to reproduce the issue on different browsers?

We'd also like you to try out different network connections, if possible.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I'm using web player as I stated above and was able to reproduce the issue on multiple browsers (Firefox and Microsoft Edge specifically) as for using a different network connection I've tried that as well.

Hey @Aaron59,

Thanks for your last reply. 

We suggest that you log out everywhere. You'll find this option by scrolling down here.

Afterwards, clear your browser's cookies/cache and restart it.

Let us know if the issue still persists after doing this (even when opening the web player through an incognito window).

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Advice useless. Can not even find out we’re permissions are for Spotify. My liked list plays the same few songs consistently. I want all my liked songs to play and in shuffle. Without shuffle only one song plays. On latest iphone

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Mentioning, that only one song plays, makes me think something with the settings on the Now Playing bar is not set correctly. Could you check this page to see if this is the case? It is important to make sure you've not activated the "repeat song" button or another repeat function.

It is also worth checking the state of the queue on your account and if there are multiple instances of the same song there. More on that here

If you're using only an iPhone, you can find out more about the background app refresh here

If you've deactivated the Now Playing repeat settings and the Shuffle randomization is not enough for your taste, you can have a look at this idea and leave your vote in the thread.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hello, I have a similar problem to some of those above and have tried the advice. 

I have 11k liked songs that I cannot access from that playlist: neither hitting play for the list or on specific songs will work. This problem persists in Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. I have logged out and logged back in, deleted cookies and caches, and updated my browsers. This is true when I am using my own wi-fis, my friend's and at one other location.

If it makes a difference, I am running this on a HP Envy with Microsoft 10. 

Hey @Arlo1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

To keep investigating your case, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Also, would you mind trying with a different device (using your same account) to see if it makes any difference?

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Its happening on an LG K51 phone

Hey there @KayleeW_dirtbikes

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. 

On another note, could you let us know if you can see your Liked songs, but they're unplayable or if you can't see them at all?

Also, we'd like to know if this is only happening on the phone you mentioned or on other devices as well. 

Lastly, we'd recommend trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts