Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

local files not playing on ipod

local files not playing on ipod

I am having an issue playing local files on my ipod touch. In both online and offline mode they simply do not play, even if it says they are synched into the playlist. They work perfectly fine on my computer. It's super frustrating and I would appreciate any help people can give. 

Thanks

6 Replies

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

If they are synced in the playlist - you should see a green dot beside the song of the local file. Do you see it? @tay_bos
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Yes I see that, and even local files which have it don't work . This is this first time I've ever had this issue and I've had a Premium subscription for over a year now. I did just get a new iPod, could that have anything to do with it?

It might be worth removing Spotify, re-installing then synching again to see if that makes any difference?

What format are the tracks in?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That's what I was tinking of doing. The files are mostly MPEG-4 but there are some MP3 files mixed in. 

MP4? I think it doesn't playback MP4 audio isn't it? You check again? @tay_bos
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Spotify's supported local files types are here too:
https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Supported-file-types

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts