Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

play queue ipad

Hi, I have a question, I would like to get the play queue in the main menu on my ipad, so i can see wich number is gonna play next, is this possible like on the Mac version? i cant seem to find out how to get this working.

• Hi,   I have a question, I would like to get the play queue in the main menu on my ipad, so i can see wich number is gonna play next, is this possible like on the Mac version? i cant seem ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No Spotify Premium @ iPhone

Hi, my Problem is, that the latest version of Spotify on my iPhone doesn't recognize my premium account, so I'm not able to select single tracks... Please help!! Rgrds

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   my Problem is, that the latest version of Spotify on my iPhone doesn't recognize my premium account, so I'm not able to select single tracks... 😕 Please help!!   Rgrds
  • Technopoly
  • Regular
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My Music not showing up on iPhone

Hi everyone, I love this update, but My Music seems to be filled with a bunch of bugs. Yesterday, I added the song "Only Time" to My Music on my desktop. I then left the house to use Spotify on the go and My Music is no longer showing up. My custom p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone,   I love this update, but My Music seems to be filled with a bunch of bugs.   Yesterday, I added the song "Only Time" to My Music on my desktop. I then left the house t...
  • akierlanc94
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundrop for iOS - need help

Hi All Soundrop is imo one of the best add on apps for Spotify but sadly after Spotifys latest update I have had nothing but trouble with it. It works fine both on Win 7 and Mac OS my issue is isolated to my iPhone 4s. I ofc have spotify prem latest ...

• Hi All   Soundrop is imo one of the best add on apps for Spotify but sadly after Spotifys latest update I have had nothing but trouble with it. It works fine both on Win 7 and Mac OS my issu...
  • robzim737
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i download songs that are in the Songs area of "My Music"

I used to use the starred playlist feature a lot and since they changed it to the "My Music" (which i hate) I can no longer set those songs to download whenever it is saved to there meaning i cant listne to "My Music" unless the song is in another do...

• I used to use the starred playlist feature a lot and since they changed it to the "My Music" (which i hate) I can no longer set those songs to download whenever it is saved to there meaning i cant li...
  • mdewater
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashing on shuffle with embedded playlists

Any time I attempt to play an embedded playlist (folder called Rap > Playlists organized by artist) on shuffle, the latest iOS app crashes. This is highly annoying and the #1 I use the app. I've seen others report this, is there any ETA? I'm about to...

• Any time I attempt to play an embedded playlist (folder called Rap > Playlists organized by artist) on shuffle, the latest iOS app crashes.  This is highly annoying and the #1 I use the app. ...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone not syncing local files

Hi, My iPhone won't sync local files which are part of offline playlists. This used to work fine, but when I changed my phone October and re-synced (when plugged in to the same laptop), none of the local files transferred. Any ideas why this would ha...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   My iPhone won't sync local files which are part of offline playlists. This used to work fine, but when I changed my phone October and re-synced (when plugged in to the same laptop), no...
  • Grace
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Massive Album art bug

I have a very big problem about the 1.1.0 version. In my "starred playlist" i have two local files without cover. So if i control the music from the lock screen and the next song will be one of the local songs the song title don't show the currently ...

• I have a very big problem about the 1.1.0 version. In my "starred playlist" i have two local files without cover. So if i control the music from the lock screen and the next song will be one of the l...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync my iPhone 5

Since the new interface appeared all my playlists dissappeared on my cell. I did the update on the phone and hope that would do it, but no. Pretty soon there was another update, I had hopes. Didnt change anything. Trying to log out. Trying to reinsta...

• Regular
  • Since the new interface appeared all my playlists dissappeared on my cell.   I did the update on the phone and hope that would do it, but no.   Pretty soon there was another update,...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Premium
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone 5 - playlists are not loaded

Hi, I've recently got a problem with spotify app on iOS: the playlists section, when opened, remains in 'loading' state indefinitely. So what I see is the 'spinning circle' and empty list. I tried to reinstall app -- the same result. I also checked t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I've recently got a problem with spotify app on iOS: the playlists section, when opened, remains in 'loading' state indefinitely. So what I see is the 'spinning circle' and empty list.  I ...
  • rakeshprinceton
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Added option for Albums/Songs/Artists

With the new Your Music feature on iOS device, is there a way to see recently added ALBUMS or ARTIST ? theres a way to sort by Recently Added on the desktop but is there a way to see them sorted like that on an iphone? Many thanks in advance.

• With the new Your Music feature on iOS device, is there a way to see recently added ALBUMS or ARTIST ? theres a way to sort by Recently Added on the desktop but is there a way to see them sorted like...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify premium not working

I have been a premium member of spotify for about a year but when I tried to use one of my playlists earlier it said I wasn't a premium member and I would have to upgrade. Everything was working fine yesterday. I have deleted and reinstalled my app o...

• I have been a premium member of spotify for about a year but when I tried to use one of my playlists earlier it said I wasn't a premium member and I would have to upgrade. Everything was working fine...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync music to offline playlists

Okay, so a few weeks ago I could sync music for offline use in my playlists fine, but it just suddenly stopped letting me. It shows the loading spin thing like it is downloading then just stops and won't download. Usually when it's downloading, and I...

• Casual Listener
  • Okay, so a few weeks ago I could sync music for offline use in my playlists fine, but it just suddenly stopped letting me. It shows the loading spin thing like it is downloading then just stops and w...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist is resumed at the wrong place after playing song added to queue

On my iPad, I am listening to a playlist and then I longclick a song and add it to the queue. Next it plays the song I just added and when that is finished I expect it to resume in the playlist where it was before, but instead it plays the song I add...

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPad, I am listening to a playlist and then I longclick a song and add it to the queue. Next it plays the song I just added and when that is finished I expect it to resume in the playlist where...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Resumes in wrong playlist position
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I delete messages I sent to another user's inbox on my Macbook Air?

I have some messages that I sent to another Spotify Premium user via their inbox that I would like to delete.. please tell me how I can do this.. thank you

• I have some messages that I sent to another Spotify Premium user via their inbox that I would like to delete..  please tell me how I can do this.. thank you
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Incorrect song information on lock screen for local files

Hello, When using the new version of Spotify, I noticed that when I am playing local songs that are synced from my PC, the song information on the iOS lock screen does not update. This also causes the song to not show when connected to BlueTooth Audi...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   When using the new version of Spotify, I noticed that when I am playing local songs that are synced from my PC, the song information on the iOS lock screen does not update.  Th...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Only some of my music will download to my device!!

Only a certain amount of albums in the new "Your Music" section will download. After that point, no more of my albums would download. I have premium and I am using the 1.1.0 on my iPhone 5S with over 5 GB of free storage. Any help would be appreciate...

• Casual Listener
  • Only a certain amount of albums in the new "Your Music" section will download. After that point, no more of my albums would download. I have premium and I am using the 1.1.0 on my iPhone 5S with over...
  • youlikesam
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Unlimited

I have been using Spotify Unlimited on my desktop and laptop successfully for quite a while. I now have an Ipad but I can't seem to load my same account onto it. Can someone help me please? Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify Unlimited on my desktop and laptop successfully for quite a while. I now have an Ipad but I can't seem to load my same account onto it. Can someone help me please? Thanks
  • CliffG
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Gapless Playback broken with new update

Gapless Playback is not working with the new april update. Very annoying to hear a sudden pause between gapless tracks.

• Visitor
  • Gapless Playback is not working with the new april update. Very annoying to hear a sudden pause between gapless tracks.
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes