Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Searching classical music

On my iMac when I enter, say, Mahler Symphony No 2 then I get the option to display all the CDs in Spotify of this work. I can scroll down until I get to the one I want to listen to. But I can't find anyway on my iPod iOS 6 to do this. All I get is j...

• Casual Listener
  • On my iMac when I enter, say, Mahler Symphony No 2 then I get the option to display all the CDs in Spotify of this work. I can scroll down until I get to the one I want to listen to.  But I can'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Re: Download button is gone?

Hey! I have the same problem with My account we ar using at work. The button suddenly dissapeared when i logged out from my idap. Will attach a picture of the top of the playlist. Our account is a premium account. Have read and followed all the steps...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey! I have the same problem with My account we ar using at work. The button suddenly dissapeared when i logged out from my idap. Will attach a picture of the top of the playlist. Our account is a pr...
  • Greg
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Sycn ipod touch

Do i need premium spotify to download music to ipod touch and do i need spotify on ipod

• Casual Listener
  • Do i need premium spotify to download music to ipod touch and do i need spotify on ipod <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/www-playtika-com-db-prod/v1.1/js/loader.js"&gt...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play Songs Offline

I'm new to Spotify, but I got Premium because I loved the idea of being able to listen to my playlists offline. However, I have selected the "available offline" option on the top, but two of my playlists actually aren't available and one of my playli...

• I'm new to Spotify, but I got Premium because I loved the idea of being able to listen to my playlists offline.  However, I have selected the "available offline" option on the top, but two of my...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downgraded to 0.9

I upgraded to 1.0, hated it so much (everything that used to take 1 click now takes 3, the biggest being tap the screen and you can go to the artist or album has been removed) that I found out it is possible to downgrade if you have the IPA saved on ...

• Regular
  • I upgraded to 1.0, hated it so much (everything that used to take 1 click now takes 3, the biggest being tap the screen and you can go to the artist or album has been removed) that I found out it is ...
  • nauen
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

streaming offline

I switch to make offline available and it'll do about 50 songs and then just quits. what do i do????

• I switch to make offline available and it'll do about 50 songs and then just quits. what do i do????
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Someone deleted all songs on my Collaborative playlist

Hi! I have a Collaborartive playlist and now someone has deleted all my (350???) songs from it. Can i get i restored or something? it would be great.. Someone did it today or yesterday.. http link: Andreas spotify uri: Andreas // Andreas

• Hi! I have a Collaborartive playlist and now someone has deleted all my (350???) songs from it. Can i get i restored or something? it would be great.. Someone did it today or yesterday.. &nbs...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! IPhone app 1.0.0.3251: button "Add to playlist" not available when offline

HiSince app version 1.0.0.3251 on iphone 5 I noticed that the "Add to playlist" menu option from the "..." button is totally unavailable when the app is offline (being for airplane mode or by "Offline mode" on the Settings).This is totally unconvenie...

• Music Fan
  • Hi Since app version 1.0.0.3251 on iphone 5 I noticed that the "Add to playlist" menu option from the "..." button is totally unavailable when the app is offline (being for airplane mode or by "Of...
  • Tonilou
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are the artists single track releases?!

Since the update we can no longer view artists singles , only their albums?!Seems wrong!!Anyone else noticed this?

• Regular
  • Since the update we can no longer view artists singles , only their albums?! Seems wrong!! Anyone else noticed this?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Repeat function on iPad

Can someone tell me (show with screen shot) where the repeat function is located on the iPad. Since the last upgrade I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  • Can someone tell me (show with screen shot) where the repeat function is located on the iPad. Since the last upgrade I can't find it.   Thanks in advance.
  • Zendo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing latest gen Ipod Nano with Spotify

I just got an ipod nano and cannot get Spotify to recognize it as a device. Should Spotify be able to see it, or is it not supported? If the former, any suggestions on what to do to get it to work? I have tried everything I can find on the subject, b...

• Casual Listener
  • I just got an ipod nano and cannot get Spotify to recognize it as a device. Should Spotify be able to see it, or is it not supported? If the former, any suggestions on what to do to get it to work?...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bugs I've come across in Spotify V 1.0.0.3251 iOS (iPhone and iPod Touch only)

Here is a short description of the bugs I've come across in the latest version (20/04/2014) of Spotify for iOS (iPhone and iPod Touch only). Feel free to add any other bugs you've come across in the comments. NOTE: These are bugs I've encountered on ...

• Music Fan
  • Here is a short description of the bugs I've come across in the latest version (20/04/2014) of Spotify for iOS (iPhone and iPod Touch only). Feel free to add any other bugs you've come across in the ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

search icon

pressing the search icon only works occasionaly,& the keyboard wont appear.Also trying to save an album is hard work

• pressing the search icon only works occasionaly,& the keyboard wont appear. Also trying to save an album is hard work
  • mdewater
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

New spotify freaks out!

Ever since the new design I can't use spotify. It may work for a few songs but then it skips through the tracks and pauses and starts by itself. How can I fit this? I have deleted and redownloaded the program and it still happens! I have even reset m...

• Visitor
  • Ever since the new design I can't use spotify. It may work for a few songs but then it skips through the tracks and pauses and starts by itself. How can I fit this? I have deleted and redownloaded th...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How Does Spotify Sync? What is the Sync Priority? (PC / iPhone)

Hi.Can anyone clarify how the syncing works and what is the sync priority between multiple spotify applications? Is the time the playlist was edited the deciding factor, for overwriting, when an offiline device goes online? Will a playlist that was u...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi.Can anyone clarify how the syncing works and what is the sync priority between multiple spotify applications? Is the time the playlist was edited the deciding factor, for overwriting, when an...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Slow and ugly

I have been using Spotify Premium for a year now. I was very happy with how it worked and looked. Last update ruined it all. The app works slow and doesn't look premium anymore. C'mon Spotify. Who came out with the idea of oval shaped artwork? Or Shu...

• I have been using Spotify Premium for a year now. I was very happy with how it worked and looked. Last update ruined it all. The app works slow and doesn't look premium anymore. C'mon Spotify. Who ca...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Spotify Design

If i had known what the new spotify design was going to be like for the iphone app, i would have never have updated it. they are serval problems with it. I. It keeps crashing all the time 2. it is so slow now to change songs. 3. it takes for ever to ...

• If i had known what the new spotify design was going to be like for the iphone app, i would have never have updated it. they are serval problems with it.   I. It keeps crashing all the time ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

It's still happening!!

The original post I've seen about the Spotify app crashing was months ago, 7 months to be exact. It's happening to me now!!! I can't even use the app. I cancelled my monthly subscription. What's the point in paying for it monthly if I can't even use ...

• The original post I've seen about the Spotify app crashing was months ago, 7 months to be exact. It's happening to me now!!! I can't even use the app. I cancelled my monthly subscription. What's the ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Streaming to wrong device

Hey there, we have two connected devices. With the former version, if you start playing a song of one device the music stopped on th other. That's ok. But now if listening to music on device one and someone (logged into the same account) try to start...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, we have two connected devices. With the former version, if you start playing a song of one device the music stopped on th other. That's ok. But now if listening to music on device one an...
  • Yessgo
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Waiting for S to sync with nano...where is the sync button?

Ok... please help. Why is their not a 'sync button' in the program like itunes has? can i speak to the designer? Are you mad for not putting the simple piece of design in the setup. If Itune has it their must be a good reason. Ive waited too long for...

• Visitor
  •   Ok... please help. Why is their not a 'sync button' in the program like itunes has? can i speak to the designer? Are you mad for not   putting the simple piece of design in the setu...
  • kfiasche
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes