Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music not showing up?

music not showing up?

Hi folks - thinking there's an easy fix to this and I'm just to green to figure it out.

I have added songs that I own (uploaded to iTunes) to playlists. I can play them on my desktop, but they won't show up offline on my iPhone, though the rest of my playlist does.  Is this an issue with these particular tracks, or something I'm missing?

Many thanks!

6 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

To sync offline:

1) Make sure that your iDevice is connected either to the same wifi as your PC or via USB.

2) It should then show up in the devices section of Spotify desktop (let me know if it doesn't).

3) Enable offline mode on the playlist with the local files in.

4) It should sync the local files. just make sure you leave your phone connected for that time.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If those are local files in your playlist on your desktop then you need to sync them over to your iPhone by following the instructions in this help page

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks! One more question - sorry, I *really* am green. Where do I find the devices menu on the desktop client?  Can't seem to locate it.

Hi;

It is on the left hand side of Spotify under the 'Main' tab:

device.png

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Top let under the heading "MAIN" below "Play Queue" 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You all are very helpful, and I appreciate it!

However: I have synced, first via wireless, then hardwired, and certain tracks (which I definitely own - can see them in iTunes and in my music folder) still don't show up offline.  I have set the playlist to be available offline both on the iPhone and on my desktop.  Stumped!

Suggested posts