Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

Solved!

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

I just upgraded my iphone spotify app to version 1.0.0.3251.  With this version album art is not shown when listening in off-line mode.  Extremely dissappointing, hoping this is just a bug and will be corrected soon.  If not, how can i go back the the previous version of the app?  My Iphone is a 3GS running the latest iOS release for that model which is 6.1.6.

[Mod edit - Dec. 8, 2014]

Hello everyone.  Spotify 2.1.0 has been released to the App Store as of this morning. We believe this issue to be fixed in this latest version. Please post here to let us know if the problem persists.

122 Replies

Hmmm, maybe actually it works now, with a little effort on your part:

1) Go to Settings > Playback and turn "Offline Mode" to OFF

2) Go to your playlist that you have configured to be "Available Offline"

3) Step to each and every one of your songs in this playlist, you will see album art for each

4) Return to Settings > Playback and turn "Offline Mode" to ON

5) Now your album art should show in your offline playlist

It works for me, hope it works for you.

wildsorl
step to eaxh and every one?
my playlist have 1400 song...that is absurde.
we need effort but for the people we pay each and every month.

Absolutely agree.  Paying customers should not have to do anything.

Hi I am a premium user with a ipod touch running ios 6. The app is great online but in offline mode, none of the cover art shows up. If this is a bug please fix it because it's been going on for a while. Thanks!

@Barteltsh Merged your post into the relevant thread.

windsorl wrote:

Hmmm, maybe actually it works now, with a little effort on your part:

1) Go to Settings > Playback and turn "Offline Mode" to OFF

2) Go to your playlist that you have configured to be "Available Offline"

3) Step to each and every one of your songs in this playlist, you will see album art for each

4) Return to Settings > Playback and turn "Offline Mode" to ON

5) Now your album art should show in your offline playlist

It works for me, hope it works for you. 

Wish it had worked, but it does not for my local files. When playing my local files (which are on my computer) on my iPhone (all made available in offline mode) no album art appears, not a single one. Neither on lock screen nor in-app. This has been bothering me for at least four updates now (1.1-1.4). It worked in older versions.

Will it be fixed in any near future updates?

Nope, i'm on version 1.4 now, album arts for my local files + over 2000 songs downloaded offline are STILL NOT showing up! What is wrong with the app developers? It's been 4 updates for you guys, huh.. Well, i just started my premium subscription (since 1.2) and imported thousands of songs, painfully waiting for the syncing to complete, only to see my music collection is stripped naked without any album arts at all! I was considering to continue to subscribe but really, no album arts for offline playlists nor local files, especially the local files come on! definitely turned me down. I mean, who would turn on cellular data for 2 to 3 hours straight for this app, it's crazy-battery-draining for my phone. Spotify has to take this seriously, it's mayhem in other boards, same probelm as ours. Sure, some of them got it fixed, but I doubt it cause helper is a fellow suscriber like us, and maybe a tweak helped a bit, but I've tried those tricks myself, and it did not seem to work out at all. It's supposed to feel like a premium product jeez...

P.S.

I'm still waiting for a fix, hello~

I am using an ipod touch with the lateest ios spotify version 1.4.0.1334 and this problem is still not fixed so much for geting it done in 1.1 the art should be cached sounds simple you cant handle this ??? It used to work just fine

Spotify should be embarrassed. They had such a smooth app before the update. Now, five months later, they're still backpedaling to trying to fix the SLEEK BLACK NEW SPOTIFY.

All we want is album art and the ability to sort playlists in alphabetical order. You guys most hire the most imcompetant tech people, ever.

another crappy update app today. no cover on offline mode.,, send your twitters to ceo @eldsjal Daniel Ek ...

every day i turn on my spotify app on my iphone i cant believe developers area can sleep with this big big bug. 1.4.1 and counting

Hey everyone,

Thanks for letting us know that you're still affected by this bug in version 1.4.1 of the iOS app.

We'll keep looking into it and hopefully get it fixed as soon as possible.

Stay tuned for any more updates as we get them.

And thanks for your patience.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Thanks for the official Spotify response on this Richard, hopefully this  can be resolved soon as this feature worked perfectly in the previous versions prior to the "Paint it Black" updates.

Do we have an ETA on a fix?

In germany you can book the "Spotify option" for the Telekom prodvider.

The streaming and download of music will the  no more reduce your download volume.

But covers are not included in this option.

That means when you are online with your iphone and you switch around your offline music the APP downloads the covers and reduces your provider download volume.

Am I right?

Don't you think that this is big problem and should increase the priority to solve this "offline cover" bug?

Maybe you should inform your customers about this?!

BR 

I can't really understand how this bug is there for so long. One of the reasons why I moved to spotify was that I would not bother anymore with keeping my library clean as this was one of spotify functionalities. Now I see that if I have music in offline mode that has been downloaded already, the cover is not displayed. For that I don't need spotify. I really hope this is solved soon, just download the covers whenever you download a song. Simple no?

Just upgraded to 1.5.0.2728 and this bug has still NOT BEEN FIXED!

What a joke....no explanation either 

Why does this topic say 'solved' ? Apparently the bug was reported in APRIL. By AUGUST it is still not solved!

Hey guys,

We're aware that this bug is still present in v1.5.0 of the app.

But we haven't forgotten about this, don't worry.

Just hang in there a little longer. We really appreciate that you've been waiting on this one for a while now.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I'm now confident that this bug will never be fixed.

Back to iTunes and Pandora!

Suggested posts