Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

Solved!

no album art in off-line mode with spotify app version 1.0.0.3251

I just upgraded my iphone spotify app to version 1.0.0.3251.  With this version album art is not shown when listening in off-line mode.  Extremely dissappointing, hoping this is just a bug and will be corrected soon.  If not, how can i go back the the previous version of the app?  My Iphone is a 3GS running the latest iOS release for that model which is 6.1.6.

[Mod edit - Dec. 8, 2014]

Hello everyone.  Spotify 2.1.0 has been released to the App Store as of this morning. We believe this issue to be fixed in this latest version. Please post here to let us know if the problem persists.

122 Replies

Actually, now art from local files is shown. Which means I'm satisfied! Thank you.

Ok I sort of have a solution to this problem. I wanted to use my starred playlist offline and encountered the same problem as everyone else: no artwork. I discovered that if you let each song play for at least 30 seconds while online, the artwork shows up. This may have already been suggest and yes it's a hassle to individually do this, but you do get the artwork and that's what's important. Hope this helps.

Well, tomorrow it is 5 months since this error was first reported here.

Not much to celebrate I'm afraid...

Updates, please!!!!

/Anders 

Just upgraded to 1.5.0.2728 1.6.0.1746 and this bug still has NOT BEEN FIXED.

Hey folks! Thanks for your patience while we have been working on a fix for this. 

The album artwork should be fixed in playlists in the latest iOS update (1.7.0). We'll continue to keep you updated on this right here!

Are you kidding me? STILL NOT WORKING!!!

@AndersHG Have you definitely upgraded to our latest version? 

Just go to Settings > About > Version to check the version you're using.

Hey @meahtenoha I can confirm that it works for me now. (album art is still missing for local files though, but that's a different problem)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Look is working for me too.

2 or 3 cover art photos are taking from the next song or the before one.

i will try in other device... but this upgrade is a great news.

all rest guys?... works for all you?

Meredith, no it is stiil not working, after install and being in offline mode.

AndersHG : you need 1st to switch Go online in playback ... then wait to sync and then again switch  offline to work 🙂

try it !

Plotpoint, what do you mean by wait to sync?
I turn the offline switch on and off...
Marked as solution

do you have your playlist in offline mode?

add a new song to that playlist.. then in setting > playback > switch to online for add that new song...(that is sync) then switch again on offline at the end of that sync.

all your list most work now with cover art in offline mode

Plotpoint, I giess I need to resync my old playlists?

yes add new songs and resync... after works delete any song you want. 🙂

Added new album to my large playlist in online mode, waited for it to sync. After it had finished I went offline and it still does not work, not even the new album!! I have the new Spotify version installed.

My playlist is very large,1700 songs. Is that the problem?

size is not the problem i can have 3333 songs.

what device u use? iphone? what is ur iOS version?

iPhone iOS 7.1.2

Did the exakt same thing again and now it works!!! Thanks

Suggested posts